Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatman Flop?

Options
  • 18-09-2009 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Apparently only 50 people turned up to see Fatman Scoop on Wednesday. (To put that into perspective, 600 came for Neil Delamare on Tuesday)

The place was so empty, two of the bar staff were asked to go home early.

I've been told that it cost €6,000 to bring Fatman Scoop over and put him and his entourage up in the Burlington.

Stupid Ents decision to bring him over or just a sign of the (recession) times?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Oh dear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The majoirty of people could only name 1 of his songs. No one is going to see someone when they only know one of their songs. Stupid person to bring over, but then again that seems bar of the course for UCD. Even the freshers ball, I have no idea why they even bother booking a "name" to play it. It's pisssing money down the drain because the name is so **** no one actually goes to see them and the freshers ball would still easily sell out without a name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

To be honest I was going to go but after the Blizzards I didn't want to give yet more money to UCD Ents. They do their best but the Blizzards was a fiasco. 2 warm up bands? 30 mins between acts to adjust lights and sound? And final 50 mins of the Blizzards? Eh, no. Not for a tenner.

Scoop was too big an act for such a minority and lets be honest Tinchy was never going to play the UCD Freshers Ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Stupid decision to bring him over. I didnt go because i couldnt afford it, i went because i dont want to hear a huge guy scream CROOKLYN CLAN!

Dont get me wrong, im a huge rap fan, but come on, Fatman Scoop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

He had one single solitary hit single 5 years ago, in fairness how many students did they expect would pay 10e to see him? Awful call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Whats a scoop and a tinchy. Sounds like skanger words for everyday items such as bogroll and alluminum foil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

ha no. Scoop was not a good call but Felix da housecat should draw a big crowd next wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Now I'm not a fan, but I thought he'd draw a huge crowd. Looks like its warming up to be another successful year for the Ents crew! *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Mau5 will be whopper!!

l_9a9963412b4fd455d0eec9338f64a6891.jpg

bahahahaha:pac::pac::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Sure it doesn't matter as long as the ents 'crew' and their friends enjoy a piss-up at the expense of the SU...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

I walked in for free :)

He was gonna refuse to play unless there was more of a crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

because the name is so **** no one actually goes to see them

Simian Mobile Disco??

Excuse yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

the most rediculous thing i found about the evening (i was there, pretty drunk but still physically present) is that he took his shirt off to national anthem.
    im sure there is a law against this. the last thing i want to see as i mime along to the words to aran na bhfiann is a fat mans t*tties

maybe its just me though. im a patriot.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

karmabass wrote: »
    Simian Mobile Disco??

Excuse yourself.

Simian mobile disco was terrible

Advertisement