Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd google analytics traffic

• 18-09-2009 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭

Registered a new domain name for a blog last week, put up a post and started building a few backlinks. Checked GA for the craic earlier this week and saw I'd ten visits from Brazil (??) on Sunday, all referred from the same site - which as far as I can see has no links to my blog. In fact, it's looks like it's just a parked domain that's for sale on sedo and just has loads of ads linking to hosting sites.

Today I logged into my other GA account and discovered 8 visits, referred form the same site, on the same day to another domain I've had sitting around for ages which has a completely blank homepage, and definitely isn't linked to from anywhere.

So what's up? The GA figures make no sense, so should I be getting worried?
    Should I start delving through my access logs and checking my file permissions/change dates?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Sounds like referrer spam, I'd ignore it personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Huh. That's a new one on me, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Hi MOH. I had exactly the same thing as you. Check google anyalitics and had 10 visits from Brazil on Sunday. It was weird but just ignore it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

kakee wrote: »
    Hi MOH. I had exactly the same thing as you. Check google anyalitics and had 10 visits from Brazil on Sunday. It was weird but just ignore it.

Out of curiosity, was the referrer the best hosting dot org?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

MOH wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, was the referrer the best hosting dot org?

I was wondering about that site just today actually - found a few references to them in my analytics account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

yeah thats the crowd alright

Advertisement