Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsorship for SEason 7

Options
  • 18-09-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

This is a great help for us boardsies who havent been playing that long in the scheme of things.

This represents the last of the core changes for season 7. The changes to sponsorship and membership are designed primarily to decrease the issues with what we call “The newbie gap”. This is the gap which occurs between a new team and an established team. Blackout Rugby should give everyone a shot at being at the top one day, not just the people that started early. More

Sponsorship
    First of all, sponsors will no longer have a contentment level. Sponsors will now provide a fixed level of income each week based on a contract signed at the start of each season.

Sponsorship will now employ a major sponsor/minor sponsor system with a clear cap on the number of sponsors. Each club will start with one major sponsor and will never have more than one major sponsor. The major sponsor provides a level of income based on the division in which the club resides. Clubs will gain one minor sponsor each season up to a maximum of ten minor sponsors.

All current clubs will be given their major sponsor based on their current division, and all of the minor sponsors they would have received if the new sponsorship system had existed since day one.

- It means more money in the coffers for the newer teams.
    I can upgrade to level 4 facilities and run a 50k youth programme next season now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Sounds good! youth academy and training facilities upgrade for me also! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Is this actually good? I'm not sure I fully understand, but as a team that has blissful members and sponsorship, I can't help but feel that my season's worth of work is worth nothin.:(

Advertisement