Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Culture Night

Options
  • 18-09-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

I haven't heard much about the events that are running on 25th September.

I've just been looking at the website http://www.culturenight.ie/default.asp and there's just so much going on, would anyone like to recommend any of the events in particular?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

you can enter in the raffle to get 2 tickets to the national concert hall :) we went last year and it was very pleasant indeed!

Edit: sorry, that closed on the 15th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Culture night tonight. Anyone going in?
    Anyone recommend child friendly ones for 7 & 8 year old?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I'm off to the Floodlit tours in Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

thegen wrote: »

Thinking of bringing the kids (similar ages) to either the National Museum on Kildare St or the National Gallery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

thegen wrote: »

The Ark childrens Centre in Temple Bar

Filmbase did a children's film-making workshop last year Temple Bar

Gaeity School of Acting kids workshops

Tour of Christ Church crypt

Conradh na Gaelige - children's games

Lots of stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Was in Leinster House tonight for a tour. It was fantastic, and well worth going in for even though I was cream crackered after a hard weeks work!
    Town was hopping tonight, great atmosphere around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Agreed, atmosphere was quite cool. Kids had a wander around the relics in the museum before a short stroll around the National Gallery. Accomplished dancers were tangoing in the main hall of the Gallery and there was quite a buzz. My boys half thought it was an episode of Strictly Come Dancing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Was pretty good overall, saw lots of random things. Much preferred it to the Arthur Guiness night (Spent in temple bar :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I was in Conradh na Gaeilge, Alliance Francaise, Science Gallery TCD, Oisin Art Gallery, Temple Bar, ChristChurch, and back to see the light projection onto Trinity. Hope they bring it back next year! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Was it just me who found the website for this extremely badly designed?

I found it tricky to find out the details of what on was on when and where in advance and to put together a plan of things.

I got the feeling that I missed out on some good stuff because of the way things were organised.

Also did anyone go to the foam party in the TCD? Would love to hear what it was like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Also did anyone go to the foam party in the TCD? Would love to hear what it was like.

I was expecting a big room with lots of music, frolics and foam in it :o But actually, it was their bubble exhibition! You could be in a human bubble, blow big bubbles, stick your hand into a bubble and so on. :)

Advertisement