Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees?

Options
  • 18-09-2009 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

I have just finished a week of college.If I were to drop out of my course to go back and repeat my leaving cert will I lose all the 1500 registration fee I have payed:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

anybody...please:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

No, I think you get a second chance or pay for just the week you attended college. I'm not 100% sure but something like that. (not very helpful really..)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

In Maynooth, the deadline for de-registration without having to pay Tuition Fees is 31st October. AFAIK, if you de-register before this date, you also get the 1500 back, but I'm not 100% on this. I wouldn't be sure what the situ' is in your college.

neil2304 wrote: »
    In Maynooth, the deadline for de-registration without having to pay Tuition Fees is 31st October. AFAIK, if you de-register before this date, you also get the 1500 back, but I'm not 100% on this. I wouldn't be sure what the situ' is in your college.
    Anyone know if this is for everywhere?What are tuition fees?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Go and ask your college or the students union.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is for everywhere?What are tuition fees?

i think what he meant by this is that if you pull out before such a date you wont have to pay for the 1st year of your next course. what i mean is if you do a year under the free thing, you wont get another free one the next time.

oh and ive been thinking about this the past few days aswel. Doing civil eng and i dont think its what i want atal:( Dont know whether ta bail now or what?

ayapatrick wrote: »
    i think what he meant by this is that if you pull out before such a date you wont have to pay for the 1st year of your next course. what i mean is if you do a year under the free thing, you wont get another free one the next time.

oh and ive been thinking about this the past few days aswel. Doing civil eng and i dont think its what i want atal:( Dont know whether ta bail now or what?
    thanks man...ya im fining my course tough also,thinking about repeating LC but im 19 now and that would make me 20 starting first year college :rolleyes:

snubbleste wrote: »
    Go and ask your college or the students union.
    Its people like you who ruin boards.ie,if you cant contribute helpfully then dont post a reply just so you can reach your high post counts!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It was good advice ffs. They ARE the people to ask.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    It was good advice ffs. They ARE the people to ask.
    But isnt it a bit obvious to ask them.:rolleyes:
    I dont want people to think im leaving as im not sure i will leave!Thats why im on boards.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

But isnt it a bit obvious to ask them.:rolleyes:

You'd hope.
    I dont want people to think im leaving as im not sure i will leave!Thats why im on boards.:rolleyes:

Yes, if you were to quietly ask the SU or one of the people working in admin in college, they put a big picture of you up on the notice board stating that you are considering LEAVING teh college and your rep would nevar recover.

;)

Go speak to your Tutor if you were assigned one. (I met mine today and he said that's what he's there for. Whether it's coz you think you want to change course or drop out altogether. He said date for de-reg was sometime in Nov but each uni could be different.)

thanks man...ya im fining my course tough also,thinking about repeating LC but im 19 now and that would make me 20 starting first year college :rolleyes:

i wouldn't be repeating but im 19 as well! that would make me 24 before id be finished.

Larianne wrote: »
    Go speak to your Tutor if you were assigned one. (I met mine today and he said that's what he's there for. Whether it's coz you think you want to change course or drop out altogether.
    Do you know if that option is available in college? If it was id change:confused:

Yep, well I've heard of people transferring in TCD. Again, each college is different. I'd really get onto your tutor and speak to them about this. I guess they don't exactly advertise the fact.

There is a deadline for transferring too.

Larianne wrote: »
    Yep, well I've heard of people transferring in TCD. Again, each college is different. I'd really get onto your tutor and speak to them about this. I guess they don't exactly advertise the fact.

There is a deadline for transferring too.

thanks! Couldn't say for the life of me who my tutor is. Think im fecked though:mad:
    I asked the head of the department i wanted to move to would it be possible. It was his secretary i asked and she went and he told her that they were over enrolled as it stood. Left it at that and emailed the head Monday past and he replied they had no vacant places.
    I was sorta hoping that they were just trying to put me of moving so be less trouble for them:(

ayapatrick wrote: »
    thanks! Couldn't say for the life of me who my tutor is. Think im fecked though:mad:
    I asked the head of the department i wanted to move to would it be possible. It was his secretary i asked and she went and he told her that they were over enrolled as it stood. Left it at that and emailed the head Monday past and he replied they had no vacant places.
    I was sorta hoping that they were just trying to put me of moving so be less trouble for them:(

You should really find out who your tutor is and they should help you. If not, get onto your class rep and/or SU welfare Officer (or it might be Education Officer) and tell them your situation.

Advertisement