Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can we start a stolen bike thread??

• 18-09-2009 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Can I suggest that we look at the possibility of a stolen bike thread?
    Where bikers could put up details of bike/picture etc. and if anyone spots it out and about they could call the cops/owner...who can call the cops.... with info.

I know most stolen are quickly rallied, burnt or thrown in canal/river...but if we can recover even 1 it would be worth it??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

+1

Good idea. Hopefully i'll never have to experience another bike being taken on me but it would be handy to be able to put other bikers wide if i did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Good idea,,,,Enter Moderator,,,,,,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

+1

Totaly agree, even one bike recovered would be well worth it...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

Great idea. You wouldn't want to be depending on some gardas anyway. I remember years ago my bf at the time was driving my srx400. A few bikes in the area (Ennis) went missing one particular nite.One of the other victims found mine parked outside a house in Shannon while looking for his. I was pure excited but stuck at work so rang Shannon gardas with the address. They still couldn't find it!!! As soon as I could get out of work we went down and yipee it was mine. As a courtesy thing, I rang them to say I was taking it & they wouldn't let me. They collected it on the recovery truck & told me I could have it in a few days.I was freaking. It wasn't a very valuable bike but I was in Fas at the time so it was all I had. The only thing that was damaged was the ignition so story could be worse.
    Nothing happened to the people that lived in the house either. They said they'd a party that w'end & they didn't know who'd left the bike there.
    Can't beat people power or I'd have never got her back

• Advertisement
Advertisement