Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N7 - Newlands Cross upgrade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Site16Camera85.jpg

Image should self refresh

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

looking forward to it being completed - not looking forward to the mess the constuction will make of the traffic while it is being done. Going to be horrible delays on the N7 as a result of this. They claim it is going to be 45minute delays, so I'd reckon you could bank on it being higher.

Will likely avoid the N7 completely and go out through Tallagh myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

They claim it is going to be 45minute delays

Wow, thats crazy. Where did you hear this? Source?
    Do we have any idea (or good gueess) when we'll see the traffic moved to the temporary lanes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Do we have any idea (or good gueess) when we'll see the traffic moved to the temporary lanes?

It's probably based on the delays seen during the N4 upgrade a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was chatting to an instructor in the gym yesterday who lives in Kildare - residents along the route received a letter recently warning of these delays.

He said he reckons he will have to move when the works start properly, as it would make his journey to work (in greystones) twice as long, if not more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Was chatting to an instructor in the gym yesterday who lives in Kildare - residents along the route received a letter recently warning of these delays.

He said he reckons he will have to move when the works start properly, as it would make his journey to work (in greystones) twice as long, if not more.

When these renovations were announced, I wondered how they are going to keep all lanes ( currently there) going. I learnt that there will be 3 lanes left open in each direction for the duration of the works. I still have no idea if an alternative has been made for the bus lanes, the left turns and right turns ( the one going up the Belgard Road has 2 lanes ).

• Registered Users Posts: 34,905 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I'm presuming that that letter is from some Kildare TD or councillor and the 45 minute figure was pulled out in David Drumm fashion.

The Red Cow works were a lot worse a few years back and there was a reduction in the traffic lanes open during the work (more so than this) and like the Newlands works, the road layout changed a few times. It was noticeable that the delays were much worse just after the layout changed, due to ignorant motorists unable to read signs, trying to beat queues and barging in, etc.

We might get turning traffic backing up into the through lanes at peak times and this will add to delays, but it's bad enough for delays as it is and through traffic shouldn't be obstructed any worse than it is now.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

Gardai announced on Twitter, Lane closures outbound from Newlands cross to green isle. Two lanes closed. Unfortunately the cameras on dcc are still showing from the 9th.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Significant work has begun on the Belgard Road at the golf club to knock the wall and entrance and rebuild it. Most likely a requirement of the golf club to get this sorted first. The end of the new wall will give a guide to where the temporary lanes will be placed and the future bounday of the golf club.
    Some days last week (and probably now aswell) there were about 30 builders working on this wall. Activities seem to be ramping up now. Next few months will be interesting to see how the news lanes etc. will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

rameire wrote: »
    Gardai announced on Twitter, Lane closures outbound from Newlands cross to green isle. Two lanes closed. Unfortunately the cameras on dcc are still showing from the 9th.

According to AA..
    As part of the Newlands Cross Upgrade works, two lanes of the N7/Naas Rd will close outbound between the Red Cow Interchange and the Green Isle from 10pm until 6am (Tues 16th July). Approach with car

Yes they do actually say "approach with car"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

According to AA..

Refreshingly though it seems that the closures with the biggest impact seem to be at night only then from that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Yes they do actually say "approach with car"
    Anti-cyclist rhetoric? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1599158&page=7

im wondering has the re-incarnate of mysterious taken to other areas.

some great pics from kreator on the above link

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Kreator1984

some great pics from kreator on the above link

Thanks very much for a such positive opinion , I am glad to hear that and rather to read that :)

You are all welcome to see and share my pictures from skyscrapercity.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So would it be fair to assume that journey time on this stretch will become ridiculous in the near future?

If so, what's the best alternative route from M50 south to bypass the affected stretch? Out through Tallaght some way?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Think it best to wait and see. They appear to be planning to do alot of the work (lane restrictions) at night time. I believe they are required to keep 3 lanes open (as is) at busy times to avoid major backlogs. I'm sure there will be some disruption but the extent of which is not so clear.

Unfortunately the cameras on dcc are still showing from the 9th.

Looks like the camera is back up...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Looks like the camera is back up...
    I've set up a program to download images from it at intervals, should make a good timelapse in 2 years' time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

spacetweek wrote: »
    I've set up a program to download images from it at intervals, should make a good timelapse in 2 years' time.

:cool:

Can you put up an example in a few months time, please?

I gave out to him , he didn't like it :)

• Advertisement

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    :cool:

Can you put up an example in a few months time, please?
    Sure! Pity more road projects aren't visible in it. I should have done it for the M1 widening and if I'd known about those traffic cams back during the M50 upgrade it would have been great.

I have been doing the same! 170 images of pretty much nothing so far though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Joey Joe-Joe Jr

I'd worry that the camera, or the pole it's mounted on will be removed early on during the works!

I'd worry that the camera, or the pole it's mounted on will be removed early on during the works!
    Oh, damn it, didn't think of that. Also, the bloody thing is remote controlled, and keeps moving slightly, so the image keeps shifting around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

spacetweek wrote: »
    Oh, damn it, didn't think of that. Also, the bloody thing is remote controlled, and keeps moving slightly, so the image keeps shifting around.

Spacetweek; get yer act together. Stick it on top of Bewley's - they'll agree - or answer to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Any updates on progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Any updates on progress?

I have noticed that work seems to have stopped , the gates have been closed for the last 10 days
    Are they on holidays already?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I have noticed that work seems to have stopped , the gates have been closed for the last 10 days
    Are they on holidays already?

CIF holidays were the two weeks at the end of July/start of August - all CIF building sites close down for those two weeks, always have. They have definitely been on-site in the past week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

MYOB wrote: »
    CIF holidays were the two weeks at the end of July/start of August - all CIF building sites close down for those two weeks, always have. They have definitely been on-site in the past week.

Ok will pay more attention when passing next week, when is the real disruption going to start?

Advertisement