Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N7 - Newlands Cross upgrade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Great to see it nearly there now. Getting so close.
    You feel if they pushed hard or worked the weekend they could open next week.
    Only tricky bit to finish is connecting the fly-over roads up to the existing roads.

Really hope they get back to the Belgard Rd. then as that's a nightmare for me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭csd

Signage is starting to go up.

The two big gantries approaching the junction eastbound are now up, with the sign destinations greyed out in advance of opening. The standard ADS for Boot Road is also up.

/csd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭rameire

as above the two new signs from this morning going eastbound,

326926.jpg
    326927.jpg

as of this evening the outbound lanes have been painted.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 34,898 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

As a matter of interest, is that spraypaint? How do they remove it without damaging the sign? I thought they'd have a peel off vinyl layer if they needed to temporarily obscure a new sign.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

As a matter of interest, is that spraypaint? How do they remove it without damaging the sign? I thought they'd have a peel off vinyl layer if they needed to temporarily obscure a new sign.
    That battleship grey is often used to cover the signs during construction, I think that it simply wipes off after an application of a suitable cleaning agent while being rainproof.

I've seen signs where they've used the wrong stuff, the signs were marked for years afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

That battleship grey is often used to cover the signs during construction, I think that it simply wipes off after an application of a suitable cleaning agent while being rainproof.

I've seen signs where they've used the wrong stuff, the signs were marked for years afterwards.

I wouldn't want the job of dangling over the N7 cleaning that off with a wet cloth!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,349 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

dubhthach wrote: »
    I wouldn't want the job of dangling over the N7 cleaning that off with a wet cloth!

It'd be done with a Cherry Picker in the dead of night, with lanes closed to suit I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

Any idea what is written on the gantry signs?

NedNew2 wrote: »
    Directions, hopefully.
    What else would they put up there? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

NedNew2 wrote: »

I presume the white one says:

R113

Cluain Dolcáin
    CLONDALKIN

Tamhlacht
    TALLAGHT

500m 1a

;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Roryhy

I presume the white one says:

R113

Cluain Dolcáin
    CLONDALKIN

Tamhlacht
    TALLAGHT

500m 1a

;);)
    Definitely a picture of a ship in the middle too.

"Ath Cliath, Dublin" at top?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭pad199207

Id say "Belgard Rd" could be on it instead of Tallaght

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Roryhy wrote: »
    Definitely a picture of a ship in the middle too.

"Ath Cliath, Dublin" at top?

Definitely a plane to the left of the ship (for Dublin Airport); presumably "M50" to the right.

And three downward-pointing arrows at the bottom indicating the lanes to get in if you're heading for the city centre or the M50.

:o:o:D:D;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Roryhy

Definitely a plane to the left of the ship (for Dublin Airport); presumably "M50" to the right.

And three downward-pointing arrows at the bottom indicating the lanes to get in if you're heading for the city centre or the M50.

:o:o:D:D;);)
    We're easily amused!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Directions, hopefully.
    What else would they put up there? ;)

Ha ha what about "Fek of Uisce Eireann"!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,898 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

presumably "M50" to the right.

(M50) :p

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭smokie72

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

You might like this drone footage of the city end of the works:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Macerski, whats the drone if you don't mind me asking. Thinking about getting something myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

Macerski, whats the drone if you don't mind me asking. Thinking about getting something myself.

One of these:
    http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus

You won't go far wrong with it if you are happy to drop that kind of bread. That footage was shot in autonomous mode. No way in hell I'd let a drone get that far away from me if I had to actually pilot it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

mackerski wrote: »
    One of these:
    http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus

You won't go far wrong with it if you are happy to drop that kind of bread. That footage was shot in autonomous mode. No way in hell I'd let a drone get that far away from me if I had to actually pilot it too.

I know what I want from Santa now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Cool video.

None of them vehhhhicles are going 60km/h by the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭pad199207

Is its possible that this week will be the last week for the Newlands Cross traffic
    Lights?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭poteen o hooley

I saw a Fine Gael Taliban vehicle drive by there Mackerski,
    You missed a golden chance to fire your Hellfire missile.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Looks like it could be but I did notice this morning that on the left inbound, the very left lane for the slip is a step higher than the main line on approach so it looks like they will resurface quite a bit back into the existing N7

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

@n7n11traffic (BAM account) have tweeted "Not long now to freeflow".
    @Aaroadwatch have tweeted that 10pm to 6am lane closures tomorrow

Getting Close now....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,349 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

BuzzFish wrote: »

Getting Close now....

Perfect time of the year to be opening it, give everyone a few weeks to get used to it, before the Christmas rush, and before the weather gets worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

BuzzFish wrote: »

Getting Close now....

Another tweet 19 hours ago reads 'No date set, but it will be in the next week or two"

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Another tweet 19 hours ago reads 'No date set, but it will be in the next week or two"

Coming from Kildare this morning you can see they actually removed many of the more permanent road works and replaced them with cones. They have all the markings done but are just finishing the last part of black top to connect the fly-over lanes to the existing lanes. I think it could be done by the weekend if they wanted to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Garda traffic tweeted to say a lane is closed tonight so that can only be surely the finishing touches in play

Advertisement