Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get cheap Photoshop.

Options
  • 18-09-2009 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Go to Germany and buy it on a disc, change the language to English and voila. Oh and it costs a tenner ;D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Bag wrote: »
    Go to Germany and buy it on a disc, change the language to English and voila. Oh and it costs a tenner ;D

:rolleyes: a tenner plus 950 other euros.....if your buying a legal copy that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

ztoical wrote: »
    :rolleyes: a tenner plus 950 other euros.....if your buying a legal copy that is.

Plus a return plane ticket, plus a hotel most likely, plus a lot of time.

If you want cheap 'photoshop', get GIMP. Not up to the Photoshop standard IMO, but if you're going cheap, it's not a bad alternative for free :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

psst..... I know another way.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

ImagineFX gives a 30-day trial for Photoshop and Painter each month (or did when I was subscribed), along with a bunch of other free stuff, Maya models etc etc. Since you can install fresh each month, so long as you keep buying the magazine you get the programmes for "free". €6 a month isn't bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭pixeldesign

Once you buy the photoshop from Germany you can`t change the language to English...even if you hack it is ilegal.I bought one from France last year and i could not change the language.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Bag

I mean like out of a shop. it is possible i done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Bag wrote: »
    I mean like out of a shop. it is possible i done it.

again I go :rolleyes: .... legal copies aren't sold for a tenner simple as...you can get expansion packs or student editions a little cheaper then the full program but they aren't the full program. My friend is a graphic designer for the German financial times newspaper and according to him the going price for a legal new copy of Photoshop CS4 in Germany is around the 950 euro mark.

As stated if you want a cheap version of Photoshop get GIMP or splurg 50 euro for Manga Studio

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Nevore wrote: »
    ImagineFX gives a 30-day trial for Photoshop and Painter each month (or did when I was subscribed), along with a bunch of other free stuff, Maya models etc etc. Since you can install fresh each month, so long as you keep buying the magazine you get the programmes for "free". €6 a month isn't bad.

Yeah, but for that price, you'd be losing money after like, 11.3 years...

PS new is €816.48 from the online store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Yeah, but for that price, you'd be losing money after like, 11.3 years...

PS new is €816.48 from the online store.
    Well, since they're seem to be the newest version, you'd never have to upgrade (if upgrading is something you'd have done anyway).

Anyway, I meant it more so people could try it for a few months to make sure they're going to get full use out of it. I'm sure hobbyists etc could more than make do with GIMP or a stripped down version, rather than dropping a grand.

Advertisement