Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RCA MALE TO SPEAKER CABLE

• 18-09-2009 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Hello
    Im looking to attach a male rca head only to speaker cable,the one with the 2 ends that seperate and you put into back of amp or stero.
    Is there a adator to do this or is it a case of solidering one on,id rather avoid that and much rather make my own than pay vast amouts for the distance i want..
    Any help on this be great...
    I have the cable and rca head i just want to attach it too one end of the cable one end rca the other end wire.
    user_offline.gifquote.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Unless the speakers have their own power supply the answer is no.
    RCA does not work the same way as a speaker terminal because traditionally it is an amplified signal.
    >Sol

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mick087,

Could you tell us what you want to do with the cable - RCA conectors are usually used with coaxial cables, not "twin core" type speaker cable.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

I have 4 small speakers but they need a rca head, my amp only as room left for speakercable attachments not rca, i have already cut a rca cable with a rca head on each end in half and did it that way, but its too short.I want to be able to have a 20metre cable with rca male one end and cable the other.I no that they dont make it like that so i think the only way is to solder a rca male head to the cable..
    The Ritz wrote: »
    Mick087,

Could you tell us what you want to do with the cable - RCA conectors are usually used with coaxial cables, not "twin core" type speaker cable.

Ritz.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

I haven't come across cables like that so I reckon soldering your own is your main option.

Ritz.

Advertisement