Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WAR - Wicklow Adventure Race April 2010

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Gear Freak

Hey Briano,

You can get the PowerBar gels at 53 Degrees North. They're a god send! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭danburke

Just want to say thats to all the organizers and marshals..they were brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭mymojo

Had a fantastic day! Struggled mentally on the bike with frustration when people overtook me looking like they were cycling thru a cloud...not a bother! whereas i felt like i was cycling thru cement at sum points!! Lots of room for improvement there. Oh the jellies were a godsend! I felt like a kid being rewarded for good behaviour when i was offered sum! Yum!! And the massages at the end...bliss! Looking forward to roar :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

danburke wrote: »
    Just want to say thats to all the organizers and marshals..they were brilliant!

Just wanted to echo peoples views on a great day and the way the weather was organized was amazing :D

Found the mountains tough going but enjoyed the cycling although the white knuckle ride over the gravel near the end was scary as I wouldn't be one to let loose too much on descents...

All in all a great day and looking forward to my next one in Waterford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Does anyone know who was taking the photos on the top of the spink run and where i can get them.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Does anyone know who was taking the photos on the top of the spink run and where i can get them.

Cheers

Slogger Jogger was taking photos on the Spink.
    There is a link to his photos on a previous page in this thread.

Save you looking, here you go.

Fair play to Slogger Jogger for some great photos

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MushGSXR

man those marathon-photos.com pics are fair expensive. Wouldnt have mind getting a pic or 2 but no way im parting with the money they are looking for.

Better spent on my next AR entry methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

MushGSXR wrote: »
    man those marathon-photos.com pics are fair expensive. Wouldnt have mind getting a pic or 2 but no way im parting with the money they are looking for.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

One of the great things about Achill Roar was that there was 3 or 4 photographers around the course and their photos were put on the web FOC.
    Same organisers for WAR so I was hoping that they would do the same.

In fairness though, everything else was well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭MREGAN

Quote:
    Originally Posted by c montgomery View Post

Cheers
    Slogger Jogger was taking photos on the Spink.
    There is a link to his photos on a previous page in this thread.

Save you looking, here you go.

Fair play to Slogger Jogger for some great photos

There was another photographer other than Mick up on spink. I am trying to get his name also. Wouldnt mind seing a photo with a nice back drop rather than me struggling across the finish line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭strummer_ie

Aye, it's a shame, I wouldn't mind a few myself........
    Think next time I'll have the OH on camera duty :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

john shiels has some nice photos up on his website http://www.actionphotography.ie/events-RAW-042010.html think his photos are a bit cheaper than marathon fotos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

MREGAN wrote: »
    There was another photographer other than Mick up on spink. I am trying to get his name also. Wouldnt mind seing a photo with a nice back drop rather than me struggling across the finish line.

Ya thats the guy im lookin for too, if you find out who it was let me know.

Cheers:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Peterx

my WAR

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/30915631

the splits are all slightly out and in some cases missing entirely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Peterx wrote: »
    my WAR

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/30915631

the splits are all slightly out and in some cases missing entirely!

Is there a multisport option on the 405?

Any time I use my 305 for a multisport event, it records all the running and cycling separately, bit of a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭MREGAN

Ya thats the guy im lookin for too, if you find out who it was let me know.

Cheers

Will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 willbee

Hello everyone,
    I participated in this event also. I concur with everything that has been said already about the organisation etc,. I chipped in at all points during the race then handed in my chip at the end like everyone else and got my printout of my chip times. However my name and chip times is mysteriously absent from the list of finishers on the war website. I have seen pictures of myself on on all parts of the race course through the web site links including the one of myself crossing the finishing line:)
    I would like to know has this happened to anyone else?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

willbee wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    I participated in this event also. I concur with everything that has been said already about the organisation etc,. I chipped in at all points during the race then handed in my chip at the end like everyone else and got my printout of my chip times. However my name and chip times is mysteriously absent from the list of finishers on the war website. I have seen pictures of myself on on all parts of the race course through the web site links including the one of myself crossing the finishing line:)
    I would like to know has this happened to anyone else?
    Thanks.

If you contact the organisers via the WAR site, I'm sure they will sort this out for you.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    If you contact the organisers via the WAR site, I'm sure they will sort this out for you.

I contacted the organisers as soon as the provisional results went up on the Sunday via text message. I gave them all my details, name, race no, etc. and approximate finishing time so they could look over the pictures and see me finish. This was to confirm that I finished the race and more importantly that I returned my chip. I was told they would be amended with my name and times included the following day and be in the Final results.
    When the final results went up without my name I emailed the war address again and sent a pm to the organiser via his Boards address informing them of my missing results but as yet have got no reply.
    I would like to know why my times have disappeared having returned my chip. I have received no explanation whatsoever. I am waiting patiently and feel very disappointed that my name is not included after finishing what was a great event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

Returning your SI card is all well and good, but did you download it?
    That could be the reason that you don't exist in the results...

ocnoc wrote: »
    Returning your SI card is all well and good, but did you download it?
    That could be the reason that you don't exist in the results...
    Yes I returned my card and even got a printout. I would just like a simple explanation for my times not being posted up like everyone else. Where have they gone?? If I did something incorrectly during the race that was the reason for my times not being retrieved at the end I would like to know for future events. Surely that is reasonable request?
    If the organisers just simply dont know what happened then I would be happy if they told me that...... but as I said I am waiting patiently:confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mattym

I know its a while ago now but i'd like to congratulate the organisers of WAR. I'd find it very hard to fault anything about the race. Was very tough but challenging and even the weather was on our side. Looking forward to next year already, i'd hope to be a bit fitter then... The one down side was that the x large jersey wasnt very large at all. Not a hope of getting into it:(. And well done Wicklow County Council, cycled up past the waterfall 2 weeks before and i feared the worse but credit where credits due....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Wool

WAR was a superb day out, reckon it was tougher than Gael Force especially the cycle. Does anyone know where to go to get training in a 2 man canoe in Meath?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Causeway

Wool wrote: »
    Does anyone know where to go to get training in a 2 man canoe in Meath?

Depends on which part of Meath you are in and if you can travel or not.

Trim Canoe Club might be a good place to start looking, Outdoor centres in Carlingford Co. Louth and Tanagh OEC in Co Monaghan or just enter more events with kayaking in them.

Yes I returned my card and even got a printout. I would just like a simple explanation for my times not being posted up like everyone else. Where have they gone?? If I did something incorrectly during the race that was the reason for my times not being retrieved at the end I would like to know for future events. Surely that is reasonable request?
    If the organisers just simply dont know what happened then I would be happy if they told me that...... but as I said I am waiting patiently:confused:.
    Just a quick update, My finishing time only is now up on the War site but no chip times from my transitions are there. I'm happy enough with that as at least it confirms I did actually do the WAR. Roll on 2011 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

Just a quick update, My finishing time only is now up on the War site but no chip times from my transitions are there. I'm happy enough with that as at least it confirms I did actually do the WAR. Roll on 2011 :)

Good stuff Willbee. I was trying to work out who you might be on the result list. Couldn't work it out! Take twenty minutes off your time next year. I knew the course quite well and had been up around the Spinc loads of times before the race. I still managed to go flying just before the checkpoint and bang my knee. Kind of knocked my confidence for the descent. Definitely want to take a couple of minutes off that next year and learn how to bloody well cycle!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭fluboy

I see that WAR Glenmalure was released today. Hopefully it will be as good as the first one. Has anybody got a breakdown of the distances and maybe be able to give me an idea on how tough a challenge it is (Dont know the area). Problems with the web site atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

Both climbs on the bike are tough. Don't know the run sections. Probably relatively easy in comparison to the bike

Advertisement