Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Irish friendliest people or not anymore

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Friendly Irish? a dying breed unfortunately.

The silly rubbish that exists here today is i'm from one part of Ireland and your from another.. At the end of the day we're on the one road. (sure aren't we all Irish anyway)

Romantic Ireland's dead and gone,
    It's with O'Leary in the grave.

W.B. Yates

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Galway-R345

Well a colleague of mine told me that Irish are racist they just don't have a chance to practice it.

Fecking lie i told her..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'm thinking she didn't spot the irony of her statement...

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Adamisconfused

Well a colleague of mine told me that Irish are racist they just don't have a chance to practice it.

Fecking lie i told her..

Damn right. Just this morning I ran a few fuzzy wuzzies through.
    :eek:

Seriously, I don't Irish people are that racist. As for friendly, I hadn't noticed. I'm usually too busy ignoring people who try to talk to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

NickNolte wrote: »
    Whereas places like, say, Cork are full of open-minded, friendly people who aren't bitter and don't have massive chips on their shoulder.

Doesn't sound like it's Cork people who have a chip on their shoulder about something, to be honest....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I find the 20 to 40 something generation of now to be quiet friendly, the cities a bit more friendly and open minded, ruralites tending to be a bit more wary of outsiders and "blow ins". I find the over fifties of today to be pretty rude, queue skipping, rude driving and with a bit of a chip on the shoulder. I find the under 20's to be very confident and quiet friendly.
    DoireNod wrote: »
    A friend of mine also experimented in Dublin to see how many people he had to say hello to in the street before someone would say hello back

Your friend is silly, Dublin is a big city, if we acknowledged every single person we would be saying hello over and over again every second. Same goes for all big cities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 JohnSmith101

English people seem much friendlier
    to

I wouldn't consider nosey git patter to be synonymous with friendship;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

to

I wouldn't consider nosey git patter to be synonymous with friendship;)

He said English, not Kerry folk.:p

Advertisement