Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Arms metal Mags review request

Options
  • 18-09-2009 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Hey lads just wanted to know if the metal king arms mags are any good?

I bought a box of their plastic mags about 7months ago and they were sh*t. I was lucky if they feed 2rounds without jamming up.

Just wanted to know if the metal mags are any better? has king arms got their act together and got their mags working? :rolleyes:

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

Hi-cap or Lo-cap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

Mid-cap metal. The spring was a disgrace on the plastic ones wanted to know if they sorted it out on their metal mags?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

Sorry mate, I only have the hi-cap version. Came with my Vltor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

I bought a box of KArms M4 metal mids(68rd) from hobbyairsoft about 5 or 6 months ago. I've heard a few issues with them but have to say I've not had any. They're a very nice finish and a good weight too. Use good quality bb's and keep em oiled and they should serve you well.

The MAG mids (plastic) in Eirsoft are great too. Bigger capacity (120rd I think), lighter and been using them for 2+ years without a hitch!

Buy both sets!!:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Do those work well with the KA Sig 556 Aidan?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

hoplite wrote: »
    Do those work well with the KA Sig 556 Aidan?

They did - waiting on a part to get it going again.:(
    I've found it best to use plenty of silicone, not to fill them to the max and the type of bb really seems to make a world of difference. (G&G FTW)
    But I suppose you could say the same for most makes of mids:rolleyes:
    At the time I had to get them as many of my existing mags wouldnt fit the KA556. You use them/got any yet?

edit - just reread your post Rob, I think you are actually asking about the "MAG" mids in the KA?
    They wouldnt fit the 556, nor would my pmags. Just too tight. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

Hey Ian, I got my KA plastic mags to work, firing just over a hundred rounds per mag:p

All you need to do is unscrew the little plastic tab at the bottom, pull the spring out, and then silicone the s*@! out of them, in the top bottom and the spring itself. Should work fine after that.

I bought a box of KArms M4 metal mids(68rd) from hobbyairsoft about 5 or 6 months ago. I've heard a few issues with them but have to say I've not had any. They're a very nice finish and a good weight too. Use good quality bb's and keep em oiled and they should serve you well.

The MAG mids (plastic) in Eirsoft are great too. Bigger capacity (120rd I think), lighter and been using them for 2+ years without a hitch!

Buy both sets!!:D;)

Ah I have them alright love the MAG ones but looking to get a few mags with some ranger plates for looking at metal mags :p

Toasty113 wrote: »
    Hey Ian, I got my KA plastic mags to work, firing just over a hundred rounds per mag:p

All you need to do is unscrew the little plastic tab at the bottom, pull the spring out, and then silicone the s*@! out of them, in the top bottom and the spring itself. Should work fine after that.

Ah yeah man like I tried everything to get the fecking things to feed but just couldnt trust them when i needed to so need to find some reliable mags was hoping I could trust the metal KA ones :p

Advertisement