Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spilt water on my hairdryer!!

Options
  • 18-09-2009 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi there,

I spilt about half a big jug of water on my hairdryer :-(

Has this ever happened to anyone and it was OK after a few hours? I'm scared of it going on fire or giving me an electric shock if I switch it on (no smartass jokes please- I really want to use it later)

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Leave it for days to dry out and you mite just have gotten away with it. Do not switch it on after a few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Obviously try and shake/flick as much water out of it as possible.

If you have an oven that will reliably hold a low temerature 50-70 C would be ideal. Put the dryer in it at those sort of temperatures for 6-8 hours I would guess would do the trick.

Afterwards, shake and flick it to make sure no water comes out. Turn the hairdryer on, but DONT plug it in first! Put it down somewhere so you are not touching it, turn the power switch off on a power socket then plug the cord in. Now making sure you don't touch the hairdryer it, turn the power switch on. If the hairdryer works and there are no huge blue flashes, blown circuit breakers or tripped Earth leakage detectors, it 'might' be ok, but I would leave it another week in a warm place just to be on the safe side.

Advertisement