Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl Beer Offer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

What's this taste like? Don't believe i've tried it before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Saw that work out about €20 a slab. What does it taste like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Actually very nice, similar to Perlenbacher (apologies for spelling)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭triv88

tommy21 wrote: »
    Actually very nice, similar to Perlenbacher (apologies for spelling)

Apology accepted,allthough you did not make a spelling mistake as far as i could see.You will not find a nicer beer for the price is very close to a certainty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Great price, its a grand beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

got some yesterday myself. great beer at an excellent price. 4.8% vol aswell. hope they keep them at that price for a while.

mad dave wrote: »
    hope they keep them at that price for a while.
    I doubt they will so stock up. It has been 85cent several times before, but only for a week or so at a time, lidl have several reoccurring offers like this. It is still a good price at the normal 1.15

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

agree with ya there rubadub.

about to open 1 now.:)

Those 5 litre mini kegs of Grafenwalder Pils and Grafenwalder Weis beer are reduced form 14.99 to 9.99 from sept 21-sept 27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Bought a slab of that 2 weeks ago in Banbridge at only 55p a can. Best value ever. Was gone in a weekend too!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

triv88 wrote: »
    Those 5 litre mini kegs of Grafenwalder Pils and Grafenwalder Weis beer are reduced form 14.99 to 9.99 from sept 21-sept 27

Am I right in saying that the can for 85c offer is better than this? Can someone with a maths brain work that out:p !

Good offer too tho.

wixfjord wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that the can for 85c offer is better than this? Can someone with a maths brain work that out:p
    Maybe you are indulging in the offers too much!;)

The keg is 5L, so the same as 10x500ml cans, so €1 per can.

The 85 cent cans seem to have ended today according to the site,The Weiss Bier in the mini keg is scrumptious !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭oconn

weiss mini keg is a steal at 9.99 as good as the rest of the readily available weiss beers,

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

triv88 wrote: »
    The 85 cent cans seem to have ended today according to the site,The Weiss Bier in the mini keg is scrumptious !!
    Awh, missed that offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

oconn wrote: »
    weiss mini keg is a steal at 9.99 as good as the rest of the readily available weiss beers,

Lovely beer, and a steal indeed. 5%, tastes like a less overpowering leffe. I'm off for my 3rd pint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

rubadub wrote: »
    Maybe you are indulging in the offers too much!;)

The keg is 5L, so the same as 10x500ml cans, so €1 per can.

Would you get 10X500 drinkable glasses?
    Recently had a heiniken keg and there was tonnes of waste, was i just unlucky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I find the same. I always seem to have a good bit of waste in it. Between calibrating and what not, I always seem to miss out on approximately 1 litre.

I also had one of those kegs from Lidl to myself before, and I seemed to still be pretty sober by the end of it which was a surprise.

The Fool wrote: »
    Would you get 10X500 drinkable glasses?
    Recently had a heiniken keg and there was tonnes of waste, was i just unlucky?
    They are hard to pour alright, but many far overestimate the amount of wastage, they see a pint of foam and go mental, once settled it is usually very little actual liquid. The have to be chilled for days for best results. I have only used heineken, I once used a "starter can", pour a bit in the bottom first and then pour in, the foaming seems far worse in an empty glass. I found it foamed far less if you submerged the spout in the liquid too, by tilting the glass early on. I reckon I waste as much as the average person would with 10 cans, i.e. ever clean up after a party and pour the full dregs of 10 cans into a pint, it can be quite a lot.

Another trick is to do what barmen do, sacrifice the first tiny bit which is mainly foam in the line, and then fill the glass, I find once foam is in a glass it grows & grows. That tiny bit thrown out is very small since it is just foam.

Advertisement