Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motot problem...

Options
  • 18-09-2009 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

Can somebody help me about my aeg's motor is squeking like hell. I've tride turning the screw thats on the bottom of the motor but still doing that noise..What could be wrong...any help will be appreciated. thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

it could be shreaded gears. what kinda gun is it? did the motor screw many any difference at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭CAVEMAN_69

It's the jg hk416. I did tighten it up and lossen the screw if I tighten it the motor won't turn and IF lossen it it will squek.I've tried to slowly turn the screw to find the right position but still no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

does it fire and squeek or just squeek? God this sounds like some sort of killer mouse...

Sounds like its chewed a gear. piston is another possibility but less likely. Stick a set of element/xyt gears in it. their the same as the standards and are usually rock solid. you might want to do some other upgrades in there while its open though. bearings and a good shimjob will see the performance take a healthy jump and don't cost much. :)

Unless Xyt have radically redesigned thier gears... i wouldnt... they come stock in all dboys and are not the best. generally known for muching themselves to bits. I'd go for a steel set while you're at it.. you may as well upgrade rather than downgrade while its open.

• Advertisement

XYT gears are known for their durability.

Yes, you know them gears that are in all dboys, JG, DE, Star, Ares rifles etc?

their made by XYT.

Didn't you advise someone that brought an m60 in to replace thier xty gears due to inferior performance?

They arent in Ares... star maybe... due to being cost cutting bastards... XTY used to ber cyma's.... Cyma sold xty and thus, the stocks of gears to dboys/kalash, they are not the most durable, or well made gears I see.... and I see a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Dont really want to sound like I'm taking sides here, but I can honestly say with hand on heart, of the many hundreds (and I do mean many hundreds) of DBoys guns we've sold, I honestly cant recall ever having one come back with shredded gears. I may be open to correction - perhaps Masada has had some few back, but I dont think so.

Generally DBoys guns are very reliable, but when we do get one back, its usually a piston or tappet plate thats the problem. Even as a non-techy, I can vouch for the quality of XYT gears.

Firekitten wrote: »
    Didn't you advise someone that brought an m60 in to replace thier xty gears due to inferior performance?

They arent in Ares... star maybe... due to being cost cutting bastards... XTY used to ber cyma's.... Cyma sold xty and thus, the stocks of gears to dboys/kalash, they are not the most durable, or well made gears I see.... and I see a lot.

sorry, i must point out you are wrong.

I never advised anyone to replace their gears. in fact i tuned the gearbox with those gears in place. i merely pointed out his original ones had been taken out without his knowledge. His gun was sweet when i gave it back with XYT still installed. :)

They are in Ares(and JG with a very high rep).. mayby not those fail tavor's but in almost all other ares I've opened. haven't had one of them on my operating table yet.

What gears do you install when repairing in southeastairsoft? you should look into using xyt, their brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Firekitten wrote: »

Masada is talking about XYT gears, not those XTY gears you speak of :P

• Advertisement

LOL...

Brilliant damien. Stay away from them XTY's their XYT clones...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

CAVEMAN_69 wrote: »
    Can somebody help me about my aeg's motor is squeking like hell. I've tride turning the screw thats on the bottom of the motor but still doing that noise..What could be wrong...any help will be appreciated. thanks

If you tighten that screw too much it causes a screeching sound also, may be an idea.

yeah its a possibility alright, OP, can you open the gun? any existing warranty issues etc? If not you can bring it into me and i'll give ya the diagnosis on it. if theres no parts to go in I'll fix it for ya for nothin.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭CAVEMAN_69

Masada wrote: »
    yeah its a possibility alright, OP, can you open the gun? any existing warranty issues etc? If not you can bring it into me and i'll give ya the diagnosis on it. if theres no parts to go in I'll fix it for ya for nothin.,:)

is this addressed to me Masada or for someone else? if it is for me then ill pm you, im from dublin as well...it might be a little help before going to have it repaired...

Masada wrote: »
    LOL...

Brilliant damien. Stay away from them XTY's their XYT clones...
    smartarse... its a typo..

CAVEMAN_69 wrote: »
    is this addressed to me Masada or for someone else? if it is for me then ill pm you, im from dublin as well...it might be a little help before going to have it repaired...

Yep, :)
    Drop me a PM and if it can be fixed without parts i'll do it for ya there and then.

What gears do you prefer to install down in SouthEastAirsoft Firekitten?

Advertisement