Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A positive F1 story

• 18-09-2009 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

Just saw this on formula1.com
    Irish team crowned F1 in Schools champions

The Koni Kats team from David’s Secondary School in Greystones, County Wicklow took the top honours at the fifth F1 in Schools technology challenge world championships held in London on Thursday. The global challenge sees school children, aged 11 to 19, use CAD/CAM software to design, build and test a model balsa wood Formula One car of the future.

At a glittering awards ceremony attended by McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton and a host of VIP guests, the talented students from Ireland were presented with the Bernie Ecclestone World Championship Trophy and coveted Automotive and Motorsport Engineering scholarships to City University London. They will also be given an exclusive tour of the McLaren Technology Centre on Friday.

Congratulations to all involved :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Just saw this on formula1.com

Congratulations to all involved :cool:

Bastards. :P

Fair play to them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭rugalo

lucky buggers:D. oh how i wish they did something like that when i was in school:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Fabio

That sounds class, fair dues to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

rugalo wrote: »
    lucky buggers:D. oh how i wish they did something like that when i was in school:(

best tour i had was the coca cola factory lol

but yeah great achievment fair play to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Never had anything like this when I was in school :(

Jealous? Yeah - just a little bit :D

Fair play to them for the achievement though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

amacachi wrote: »
    Bastards. :P

Fair play to them. :)

Haha
    Couldnt have said it better myself
    +1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

Grim. wrote: »
    best tour i had was the coca cola factory lol

but yeah great achievment fair play to them

I work there, and also went on the tour when I was a kid. Its nothing special once you see it when your all growed up, actually ruins your memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭rugalo

never did the coca cola tour but i did do the mtc about three years ago and its amazing theyll love it. im back down on the list to do another tour so hopefully my name will come up soon.

Advertisement