Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Letter to Aerlingus...

• 18-09-2009 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hello All!!
    I am foreign and going to write a letter to Aerlingus to ask them about money back...I wrote a letter...explaing the whole history why my son couldn't use the tickets and more...COuld you please find a minute to read my letter and check if there are any grammar mistakes and if you understand what I mean in the letter...

This is it:

I am kindly requesting refund of costs for two unused tickets.
    My son Jakub Nowak planned a trip from Dublin to Paris. On the 22/04/2009 I booked tickets for him and his fiancee Marta Liszka. for flight dated 16/07/2009. The price of the both tickets was €292.06. In June 09 my son became ill and stayed in in St. Luke's Hispital in Kilkenny in Ireland. He stayed there twice. The further hospitality had to take place in Poland in Wojewodzki Szpital Zakazny, Wolska 3 in Warsaw. He stayed there with diagnosed meningitis. After the hospitality, on the 29/06/09 I booked a ticket for him for flight from Warsaw to Dublin on the 05/07/09 (791.99 PLN = €199)
    Unfortunately the symptoms of meningitis came back and on the 01/07/09 my son returned to the hospital and stayed there till 08/07/09.
    In these circumstances he couldn't use the ticket on the 05/07/09.
    In the connection to the sickness history the earlier planned travel to Paris on the 16/07/09 was inadvisable. He didn't use that ticket either.
    Regarding to the above I am kindly requesting refund of costs for the two tickets.
    From Warsaw to Dublin on the 05/07/09 €199, and
    from Dublin to Paris on the 16/07/09 €161.
    I hope for positive consideration of my request and the refund of the total amount €360 into my account.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

quxuik wrote: »
    Hello All!!
    I am foreign and going to write a letter to Aerlingus to ask them about money back...I wrote a letter...explaing the whole history why my son couldn't use the tickets and more...COuld you please find a minute to read my letter and check if there are any grammar mistakes and if you understand what I mean in the letter...

Made a few changes below just to make it sound better/more correct. Not bad overall. Good luck with the claim!

I am kindly requesting a refund of costs for two unused tickets.
    My son Jakub Nowak planned a trip from Dublin to Paris. On the 22/04/2009 I booked tickets for him and his fiancee Marta Liszka for flight dated 16/07/2009. The price of the both tickets was €292.06. In June 09 my son became ill and stayed in in St. Luke's Hospital in Kilkenny in Ireland. He stayed there twice. The further hospitalisation had to take place in Poland in Wojewodzki Szpital Zakazny, Wolska 3 in Warsaw. He stayed there and was diagnosed with meningitis. After the hospitalisation, on the 29/06/09 I booked a ticket for him for flight from Warsaw to Dublin on the 05/07/09 (791.99 PLN = €199)
    Unfortunately the symptoms of meningitis came back and on the 01/07/09 my son returned to the hospital and stayed there until 08/07/09.
    Due to these circumstances he couldn't use the ticket on the 05/07/09.
    As a result of his recent ill health the earlier planned travel to Paris on the 16/07/09 was inadvisable. He didn't use that ticket either.
    Regarding the above I am kindly requesting refund of costs for the two tickets.
    From Warsaw to Dublin on the 05/07/09 €199, and
    from Dublin to Paris on the 16/07/09 €161.
    I hope for positive consideration of my request and the refund of the total amount €360 into my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭quxuik

Thank you so much for the comments!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

quxuik wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the comments!!:)

Can I ask if you got your refund?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

My GF and i flew with Aer Lingus to Newcastle last January for UFC80

We left Dub on Sat morning and return flight was Monday Lunchtime

Got there fine, arrived at airprot to come home on the monday and it started snowing heavily. Airport was closed then flight was cancelled. They said we could either wait for the next Aer Lingus flight from Newcastle (which was Thursday) or get to Manchester and fly from there, i asked if they were putting coaches on to ferry passengers, told that they wouldn't be!!

We rang the booking line and changed our flights to the following morning from Manchester, paid £45 each to get there by train, which took 7 hours due to horrendous floods, then stayed in a friends in Manchester before we flew home the next morning.

I wrote 3 letters to Aer Lingus, requesting a refund of our train tickets, THEY DIDN'T REPLY TO ANY OF THEM!!

I can expect that sort of treatment from Ryanair, as you know what the deal is when you book, but from our national carrier.........

Advertisement