Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McCreevy: Treaty rejection could hurt nation's image

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Don't suppose Coir will put that on a poster. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

im waiting for someone to say "scaremongering" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I presume International investors are companies for FDI such as Intel etc...

The only reason any multi-national is in Ireland is easy access to Europe and we are English speaking. Our membership of the Euro is probably an advantage we have over Britain ATM who obviously also speak English.

I think its obvious that if you were going to invest millions in a country and you wanted a pro-EU country, you would probably be thinking twice if the one you were thinking of rejected the latest treaty.

It is only logical, it is what I would be doing if I was in that position.

He is probably referring to bond holders in some way also but I don't know enough about that to discuss it TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

"Could"? I can see he's not hedging his bets...:rolleyes:

Advertisement