Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bergkamp's still got it

• 18-09-2009 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Dunno if this has been posted already but I thought this was great. From a friendly match between Ajax Veterans and De Kennemers III, Dennis Bergkamp, now forty years old and taking his coaching qualifications with Ajax, showing he still has that touch of class...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Always liked him as he was a very talented player and he never moaned about referees.

Good to know hes coaching because he has a lot of skill and knowledge to impart to younger players.

Quality goal too but will always remember the ones against Argentina, Leicester and the spin around the defender against Newcastle

Some player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

aaronh007 wrote: »
    the spin around the defender against Newcastle

That was the only PPV game I have ever ordered and boy did that piece of skill make it worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Ryan Giggs could do that when he's 60, never mind 40.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Awful defending. Where was the closing down??!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Loved him as a player but my god, he was a cynical, dirty player. Loved it whenever Danny Mills and Lee Bowyer used to kick f*ck outta him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

One of my favourite players of all time, even with his moodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Pffft, thats nothing - I can get on a plane :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Loved him as a player but my god, he was a cynical, dirty player. Loved it whenever Danny Mills and Lee Bowyer used to kick f*ck outta him

:confused:

Did we watch the same player? He was pretty close to the model pro tbh. Certainly in todays terms when compared to the likes of Adebayor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    That was the only PPV game I have ever ordered and boy did that piece of skill make it worth it.

:eek:

what was his nickname again? the ice man or something :p

really awesome player. have his name on the back of an arsenal jersey i got when i was just little. i loved his celebration when he scored against argentina in 98'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Quality finish. Love the way he turns around before it even hits the net, just knowing he has scored! :cool:

One of my fave players ever. Scored so many amazing goals but the one v Argentina in 98 is probably the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Some finish but the celebration is a little ott tbh.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

A player like him would never lose it. He didn't rely on any physical attributes to be the player he was. In term's of technical ability he was a magician with a football, one of the best I've ever seen any way, you don't lose that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

cson wrote: »
    :confused:

Did we watch the same player? He was pretty close to the model pro tbh. Certainly in todays terms when compared to the likes of Adebayor.

Just because he wasn't upfront about it doesn't mean he wasn't a really petulant and niggly player in his day. Not saying that I care too much - I could watch him all day. I was gutted when he retired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

One of my favourite players to watch of all time. Just sublime.

Advertisement