Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know Johnny Flynn

Options
  • 18-09-2009 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

I'm just wondering, he's playing at the Guinness festival thing, along with a pile of arseholes (my opinion) and I'm wondering if he's way bigger than I think? His band is the "Sussex Wit".

Any bells ringing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I've heard of him but only through last.fm. I don't know how well known he is, though.. I don't know anyone who knows of him.

He is fairly class though. There's a lot of bands playing for the Arthur's Day celebration that I've not heard of, which is surprising all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭johnmacward

liah wrote: »
    I've heard of him but only through last.fm. I don't know how well known he is, though.. I don't know anyone who knows of him.

He is fairly class though. There's a lot of bands playing for the Arthur's Day celebration that I've not heard of, which is surprising all things considered.
    I know him through him last.fm too, that was my first listen - then I bought his album, A Larum. So highly recommended I have to denounce myself as a human to recommend it in this way, just to give it space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

also heard about him through lastfm...I bought a larum about 6 months ago and I have to say I love it....he's a great artist. the box,brown troat blues and the wrote and the writ are my faveourites.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭johnmacward

He played in The Stags Head and The Temple Bar on Arthur's Day. Great gig, pity the band couldn't fit on stage with him. Guinness had got the gigs all wrong. They said he was playing Sin E when he was playing The Stags Head. IDIOTS!

Advertisement