Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New to manual SLR

• 18-09-2009 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi i'm new to SLR cameras in general and i've just a few questions in relation to manual SLRs.

Firstly if i buy lenses that are made for DSLRs should they fit my Minolta x-700 or does it deped on the lens in question?

What would be a good price for developing average colour film?

Lastly is Manual better than Digital?????

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

beng128 wrote: »
    Hi i'm new to SLR cameras in general and i've just a few questions in relation to manual SLRs.

Lastly is Manual better than Digital?????

I think you're a little confused as to what exactly the term 'manual' means. There are DSLRs that can be shot in manual mode, in much the same way as there are Film SLRs that can be shot in manual mode. 'manual' generally refers to picking your exposure yourself and adjusting aperture and shutter speed to suit. There are older film slrs that can only be shot manually so I guess this is what you're talking about.

With that in mind, in regard to your second question, no. In most respects 35mm film is regarded as having been surpassed by the current crop of high to mid range digital bodies. Medium format and large format are another story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

if you have a search on the forum there are various offers for film development. For a single roll of colour film, probably about €7 or so with boards.ie discounts, or for multiple rolls I think the offer was 5 rolls developed to single cd with negatives (no prints) for €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭beng128

I think you're a little confused as to what exactly the term 'manual' means. quote]

Thanks yeah i meant film camera.

And that 5 for €15 deal is pretty damn good.

Advertisement