Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE most expensive 500ml bottle of coke in Galway!

Options
  • 18-09-2009 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭

A guy in a certain petrol station between loughrea and Galway tried to charge me 1.75 for a 500ml bottle of Coke.

As the place didn't have a bar code scanner I can only assume the figure was picked out of the sky....I refused to pay it as i had previously bought a few items in a hurry and realised later that he might be 'having a go'

I won't mention the station in question. Anybody else have this happen to them there or elsewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

name and shame

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Would this petrol station happen to also have a fast food restaurant on the premises?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Would this petrol station happen to sell petrol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

When I first saw this thread I presumed the answer was going to the shop in the Bus/Train station.

That place is a serious rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The Express

Would this petrol station happen to also have a fast food restaurant on the premises?

No, that place is fine and they have prices clearly marked....but it's close enough to it...

• Advertisement

i don't see any problem in naming the place. you're just giving the price of a product in a certain shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Meh, big deal tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 galwayguy2005

i find topaz very expensive, live out the county, usually chew gum and buy 4 packs, topaz bohermore charge me 3.50 for 4 packs of extra green gum where garage beside my house is 1.92, huge difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

How much is a bottle of Coke normally?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

ErnieBert wrote: »
    I can't believe I don't know this for certain as I buy so many of them,but I think they are usually 1.30-1.50 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

ErnieBert wrote: »

1/4 of a tooth

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

Dunnes do them for €1 and other shops generally charge between €1.25 and €1.40...
    I know in uni its €1.40...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I bought a can of Coke Zero in the topaz next to NUIG yesterday.
    It came with a free mars bar.
    "So you're giving away a mars bar free with a diet drink?"
    "Look just take it, don't argue."
    "OK."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

"OK."

You need the Mars Bar to balance the lack of calories in the diet drink,;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nangieboo

My son was charged €2.20 for a 500ml bottle of coke in the cinema in Navan, and don't get me started on pubs with off licence attached, €1.95 for a coors light in the offie, €4.20 in the pub attached to it???? and €1 for a packet of King Crisps????:)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

Londis in Salthill is selling them 2 for €2. A bottle of coke for €1.75 is a bit Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Thought Subway was bad until I saw the price in the bus station shop - €2. Back to Dunnes (Dunne's ;)).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

What the hell is wrong with this site, why can't you just name them?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

"OK."
    I did that too. I'm not a fan of Coke Zero, but it was an offer I couldn't refuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

2 liters of coke is only €1.65 in N17, I just keep one in the fridge and fill a 500ml bottle myself if Im going somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

oh no you were over charged for the massive sum of about 30 cent.

they are "convenience stores" and because they are convenient they can charge what they want. If you want to save 30c then go to dunnes as already said.

As for the comment above about paying more for the drink in a bar than the offlicence. When you buy a drink in the off licence you are buying just the drink. When you buy it in the bar you are paying for the drink and the pleasure of drinking it in the bar aswell as the lighting, heating, rent, licence etc etc that the bar needs to operate.

If you want to save yourself the expence then grab the bottle in the off licence and go outside and sit on the wall and drink it.

Angry Rant over

Advertisement