Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyres

• 18-09-2009 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭

Anywhere I can well priced tyres in Dublin or do I have to go North?
    Looking for 4 of them, doesn't need to be top make.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

you could order them online, then bring them to a garage and they will fit them for about 10 -15 per tyre

have a look at eiretyres or camskill

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ivorystraws

green123 wrote: »
    you could order them online, then bring them to a garage and they will fit them for about 10 -15 per tyre

have a look at eiretyres or camskill

Yea, I can vouch for eiretyres... ordered 4 tyres online and they got delivered within a couple of days (think I paid a little under 60 each for 4 winter tyres). I called around enquiring about fitting, balancing and alignment for the 4 tyres and got it done for 25 euro for the four.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭feb09

Very cheap.
    Where was that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ivorystraws

feb09 wrote: »
    Very cheap.
    Where was that ?

Yea, I thought so. That was last September in the west of Ireland. In fairness, I'd say you should definitely get a similar deal if you just make a few calls... it's not as if business is booming for the car parts market!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Get your price of Eiretyres or camskill for a particular make that you're happy with for your size, then ring your local tyre places and give them a chance to match the quote.
    It's probably really annoying for them to have people constantly coming up with tyres from a UK website asking them to fit them for feck all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭feb09

If the local garage can match eiretyres prices then they should be advertising and selling at that price all the time.
    Not trying to rip people off with higher prices and only dropping the price when asked.
    Why should i give them a 2nd chance ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

They are a business and out to make a profit, if they feel they can get price x off the majority of the public for their product then they will do that.

Im sure there is an additional margin there for "negotiation" so if a person walks in off the street and says whats the best price you can do and they know €20 off the cost of 4 tyres both parties will be happy, as the customer will think they got a reduction and the store will be happy as they are still making a profit.

If someone who has been shopping around online comes and they can match it, great for them, they get the business if not, then so be it. Its probably only one in 10 that it happens to.

A lot of people will pay a premium to be able to walk in off the street and get the job done there and then without having to shop around, or order tyres online, pay extra for postage, maybe have to take a day off work to wait for the delivery and then go to the hassle of trying to find someone to fit them etc etc etc..

I know my parents wouldnt see the point of doing all that to save €10 or €20 a tyre.. as far as they are concerned, its just not worth it, esp if there are problems afterwards.

Personally, I feel all those little savings add up and over time its worth your while, but then I'm an avid bargin hunter and shop online all the time..

But thats just my 2c :D

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

If the local garage can match eiretyres prices then they should be advertising and selling at that price all the time.

Why would they?
    Sure don't all retailers try and sell a product for as much profit as they can get.
    Then when it's not selling, they stick them in a sale to get rid at a reduced price.
    If you don't ask, you don't get.

Advertisement