Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4.2 Reason why this type of firearm is required

Options
  • 18-09-2009 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Has anyone any advice on completing section 4.2 on the new firearms renewal form? "Reason why this type of firearm is required". Are they looking for a few sentences or an essay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

There's a total lack of hard information Seamus, but standard advice on filling out forms of this nature is to give the information needed and not a letter more :D

From the forms we've seen filled in so far in the club and from surrounding hunters and farmers, there's not been many essays. Usually "Clay pigeon shooting" or "Shooting Foxes" or that kind of thing. There's definitely not been any long-winded double-spaced essays waxing lyrically on the motive for choosing a Ruger M77 in the walnut stock versus the Savage 10FP in the synthetic stock for shooting foxes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

Seamus357 wrote: »
    Has anyone any advice on completing section 4.2 on the new firearms renewal form? "Reason why this type of firearm is required". Are they looking for a few sentences or an essay?
    Well if its a S/A .308 then you better start writing short stories.

Sparks wrote:
    There's a total lack of hard information
    You can say that again!!!
    Sparks wrote:
    There's a total lack of hard information
    Yes I heard you!, there's no clear-cut guidance for some of the FCA1 sections and TBH i fail to see the relevance of some sections as they IMO have no cause to be there as a result of any legislation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Not done my forms yet :rolleyes:

But, off the top of my head I'm gonna put "Rabbits" for the HMR substitution, "Foxes" on the .223, and "Wildfowl,clay pigeon, and general vermin control" for what will soon be a 3 :( shot semi auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Do you need to write anything if you've ticked one of the options like 'hunting'?
    The way I read it I thought you only had to write the reason if you had selected 'Other' because then it says 'specify'.
    Bugger I sent them in with just 'hunting' ticked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Yes I heard you!, there's no clear-cut guidance for some of the FCA1 sections and TBH i fail to see the relevance of some sections as they IMO have no cause to be there as a result of any legislation.
    Which bits are you referring to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭zulu_dawn

lads,

see completed sample form from NARGC, www.nargc.ie, just scroll down on website front page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

zulu_dawn wrote: »
    lads,

see completed sample form from NARGC, www.nargc.ie, just scroll down on website front page
    We can't all put down "it's the standard bird hunting type" for the reason required in 4.2 :D

Might have trouble with air rifles for a start ;)

Advertisement