Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clutch cable snapped

• 19-09-2009 1:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Was on my way to work, living in lucan, working in celbridge, going alone the road by weston airport, do di do and then went to change gears, and snap, there goes my clutch. Was 'amazing' fun trying to ride with no clutch, gave up just before the bridge in the village center, parked the bike and decided to walk. Then rode it home just there, stopping at lights was a pain, cutting out everytime :( Anyone ever ride the bike with no clutch?
    Gettin it fixed in the morning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

done it once or twice. Crawl upto traffic lights. Then when they go green just boot it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭mcyclist

Shouldn't be a problem, esp. on Japanese bike. Recently rode Cork to Galway (nighttime) without clutch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

mcyclist wrote: »
    Shouldn't be a problem, esp. on Japanese bike. Recently rode Cork to Galway (nighttime) without clutch.

That's pretty hardcore, but if it was daytime, that'd be impossible, well almost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Did a few hundred kilometres in Vietnam with no clutch on a little 160cc Honda. Was up in the mountains with nothing like civilisation anywhere nearby. Snapped the lever clean off in an "incident". Got in on it after a while - upshifting was no bother, but downshifting required getting it at just the right revs.

For stopping...I just tried not to really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

its not bad going down gears when ya get used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

seanybiker wrote: »
    its not bad going down gears when ya get used to it.

Plus the Honda was a tough little machine - you could kick the gears about and clunk it hard and it never complained!

Would love to do Vietnam on a bike again.

*gets misty eyed*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Bikes fixed :) i'm back to zipping around, hurray! gonna ride to the shops right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

My clutch cable snapped outside Paddys Pitstop on Ossory Row. Hows yer luck!?

Advertisement