Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiralling Debt of Doom

Options
  • 19-09-2009 4:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I might have spent a bit too much on transfers. To be honest some transfers came through that I wasn't expecting.... you know the type, you bet on a lad you expect to go for crazy prices, but in the end he goes to you.

Anyhows, I'm 100,000 in the red with maybe two home matches left. For every home match week I tend to make 30,000 , but I'm rather confident that I'll be in the red by the end of the season.

So, what can I do? I'm stripped down to 28 players and I really don't have any players to sell anyhows.
    My trainers are level 2, but I don't think I should fire anyone and **** up my training regime.
    I've cut the rest of my staff down to a minimum.

Any advice on where I should go? Should I hope for a season 3 cash increase or is there a way out of this?

Really I should expand my stadium and take advantage of the full capacity crowds, but I'm already in the red so I can't use any cash (cause I 'ave none, innit)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

im 250k in the red and im not worried. end of season prize money will be coming soon provided you finish in top four. do you have a level 1 or 2 accountant? you get a bigger over draft the higher the level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Level 1 accountant, but I don't have the cash to get a lvl 2, infact my spending is all frozen up.

Prize money to finish in the top 4... now, I never got this, is that top 4 on the promotion tables or top 4 in your league?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Level 1 accountant, but I don't have the cash to get a lvl 2, infact my spending is all frozen up.

Prize money to finish in the top 4... now, I never got this, is that top 4 on the promotion tables or top 4 in your league?

For your league - half the prixe money for you postion at end of league before playoffs and half for your position post playoffs.

from documentation (changes in season 7)
    Blackout wrote:
    50% of the prize money is distributed based on positions before the playoffs, and 50% based on final positions.

1st Place 2nd Place 3rd Place 4th Place
    Div I $200,000 $140,000 $90,000 $50,000
    Div II $160,000 $100,000 $70,000 $40,000
    Div III $120,000 $80,000 $60,000 $30,000
    Div IV $100,000 $60,000 $50,000 $25,000
    Div V $80,000 $50,000 $35,000 $20,000
    Div VI $60,000 $40,000 $25,000 $15,000

so if you finish first in league and win playoffs you will get 100k (assuming div IV) but if 2nd in league and win playoffs you will get 65k (25k + 40K)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I'm having money problems too

85K in the red:eek:

66k in the black and new stadium finished yesterday in time for playoffs!:cool:

oh and Ajefferes - picked up a 17 year old who looks promising on monday, set training and he popped twice on tuesday!:cool: best back by a mile - he may well go in your international stars of future thread!;)

but last game was away and the next few are away also so shall be in red by time last game is around and then the playoffs + winning money should put me well and truely in the black. hold money for a few weeks til silly season on TM finishes and then try pick up few more players.

• Advertisement

eoferrall wrote: »
    66k in the black and new stadium finished yesterday in time for playoffs!:cool:

oh and Ajefferes - picked up a 17 year old who looks promising on monday, set training and he popped twice on tuesday!:cool: best back by a mile - he may well go in your international stars of future thread!;)

but last game was away and the next few are away also so shall be in red by time last game is around and then the playoffs + winning money should put me well and truely in the black. hold money for a few weeks til silly season on TM finishes and then try pick up few more players.

Stick him up there, do you know how to show player stats as a picture?

well I was going to take a screenshot and upload to boards... is that right? (never put a pic up before!)

but shall have to wait til I get home - changed internet filter in work they did and the new one picks up blackout as "online gaming" and hence is blocked :(

eoferrall wrote: »
    well I was going to take a screenshot and upload to boards... is that right? (never put a pic up before!)

but shall have to wait til I get home - changed internet filter in work they did and the new one picks up blackout as "online gaming" and hence is blocked :(

Yep thats it, then just edit it on paint.

Change job?:D

ajeffares wrote: »
    Change job?:D

Ah duno if Blackout is enough to get me to break contract leave job and not finish my accounting exams!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Any advice on where I should go? Should I hope for a season 3 cash increase?
    Yes :D.
    Quite proud of my accounting so far this season. Timed my academy investment so I'm left with 3k in the bank ahead of (hopefully!) two home playoffs and prize money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i'm in exactly the same boat of the OP. Except mine was more over spending on getting better coaches. i 25k in debt at the mo cuz i had a home match there which i come clear with 30k each time. i really need to expand my stadium too as its always full and bring in the dough. It looks like covered seats bring in the most money. I'm top of my div 4 league and i reckon i should win the playoffs easy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Blendage

I thought money was not earned from playoff matches and decided against advertising for a level 2 coach, the below note is in the help documentation.

"NOTE: All finances for playoff matches are handled by competition organisers. This means that neither of the clubs participating in a playoff match will see either expenses or revenues for a playoff match. "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

That only comes into effect for next season.

This season, all home teams in the playoffs receive gate money.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Blendage

Not enough posts to thank a post yet, so thanks for the clarification :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

ya i didn't realise that u got money from the playoffs either so i was pleasantly surprised when i had a bunch more money in my accounts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I'm an idiot. Got all my prize money etc, had plenty o' cash in the bank... but advertising for a new coach + expanded stadium = me back where I started. Got I'm a noob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

suppafly wrote: »
    ya i didn't realise that u got money from the playoffs either so i was pleasantly surprised when i had a bunch more money in my accounts :)

Does that mean you are going to buy a trainee for the Ireland U20's ? :D

Advertisement