Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit and monthly payment

Options
  • 19-09-2009 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

i have rented through agencies before but always paid rent directly to the landlord

is it normal to pay the deposit and monthly rent to the agent?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭RoseBlossom

Anywhere I have rented myself, I paid the deposit and first month's rent to the letting agent when I got the keys, and then set up a SO to pay the rent into the landlord's account on a monthly basis afterwards. How the agent gets paid etc. I don't know.

However, I do know of one letting agency that "filters" the rent to the landlord (resident in Ireland), i.e. the tenant pays the letting agent, the agent takes their cut (say 7-8%), and then forwards the balance to the landlord. I guess this way the agent is sure of their money and are also on the ball if the tenant doesn't pay up...

Advertisement