Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bins

Options
  • 19-09-2009 10:35am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else's green bins not picked up yesterday? They seem to have missed our road. We've 2009 tags. The brown ones were emptied.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

There is a new schedule since September 7th, of course they've not let anyone know about it in advance as they claim a mix up with the leaflet company. How and ever it's hardly anything to too concerned about in the grand scheme of things, you'll get your new schedule here:

www.greenbin.ie/calendar

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks for that. That site never seems to find our address, but I'll give it a shot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The same thing happened to us the week before last. I phoned the council, they got on to Greyhound and a crew was sent out to collect them rather than leave them. Our new schedule started last week and we just about got the new calendar in time.
    Looks like someone in Greyhound messed up and didn't send the new calendars early enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

There is another change of schedule? We never receive these notices..

Does this apply to Balbriggan (Dunnes end) by any chance?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Ours was not collected either,near enough to DUnnes

• Advertisement

From Blutonic's link, it states the green bin will be collected next week for my area..

Why is it that we never get these schedule changes?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

From Blutonic's link, it states the green bin will be collected next week for my area..

Why is it that we never get these schedule changes?
    It will probably arrive the day your bin is due to be emptied (ours did - fortunately the day had not changed)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Ours was a day late from the newly advertised schedule. Hopefully it will run smoothly from now on.

(We didn't get proper notification of the initial change either - Greyhound blaming their leaflet distributor etc.)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hopefully ours will be picked up today.

Still no notification of schedule changed and all our neighbours had their bins out yesterday and they weren't collected :rolleyes:

I'm not sticking with Fingal next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 williamsjos

We got notice their a few weeks ago that the green bin collection in area has changed from Wednesday to Fridays, from 2 weeks ago. So the should be collected tomorrow. ( Dont hold me to that if they re not). And hopefully all going well then all our bins will be out tomorrow, Green, Brown & Black.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

If you live in an area covered by Greenstar then switch over to them, 100% reliable and half the price of FCC.

From what I can see where I live its 60% greenstar :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Sizzler wrote: »
    If you live in an area covered by Greenstar then switch over to them, 100% reliable and half the price of FCC.

From what I can see where I live its 60% greenstar :)

You sound like a shill there. Now so will I. :D
    They pick up on a Thursday in my area. When I was driving out this morning there were about 5 bins (inc mine) for Greenstar from piles of houses. Am I missing something?

My average waste bin is about €5 - €6, you don't need tags, they were half the price on the yearly charge and they text you every week (the night before a pickup telling you what colours they're picking up) so theres never a need for a thread asking when are they going to pick up the green bins.

Disclaimer: I don't work for Greenstar. I'd just prefer if they didn't go bust because people are sticking with other companies that charge much more.

We got our first year free with Greenstar (versus €110 with FCC).

This year its €55 standing charge, again versus €110 with FCC.

The service is 100% reliable, the night before text message is always a nice reminder and the charges for a full bin are generally around €6 (unless you are dumping concrete blocks :D).

It amazes me people who have the chance to use Greenstar still burn holes in their pockets by handing double the cash over to FCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭billyhead

Do you know if Greenstar server Rush. Also I notice they have a 50% sale on their website. I wonder if this is for 12 months from when you sign up or expires at the start of 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

What a nightmare- i received no schedule-Thanks for link!

billyhead wrote: »
    Do you know if Greenstar server Rush. Also I notice they have a 50% sale on their website. I wonder if this is for 12 months from when you sign up or expires at the start of 2010
    I dont think they do, but why not ring and ask them?

Can't get into the greenstar site.. Do they cover Balbriggan by any chance?

I have my green bin out "in hope" that is collected tomorrow!! People have left their green bins out since Tuesday on our road..

Have the black/brown bin collections changed? We are due to have the black only collection tomorrow but I noticed in a couple of the posts that people are saying its black & brown..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Can't get into the greenstar site.. Do they cover Balbriggan by any chance?

No idea. They say Fingal area. I've no idea where Co. Fingal covers though.

One final bit is if you sign up they'll empty your Fingal bins once (and charge you the new rate obviously) before you get swapped over to their bins. I didn't realise that when I was signing up and I was trying to synchronise switching over to when I had two empty bins.

No idea. They say Fingal area. I've no idea where Co. Fingal covers though.

One final bit is if you sign up they'll empty your Fingal bins once (and charge you the new rate obviously) before you get swapped over to their bins. I didn't realise that when I was signing up and I was trying to synchronise switching over to when I had two empty bins.
    When the lads from Greenstar came to drop my new bins off and take my FCC bins I asked them what happened next and they said they went into storage in Blanch, FCC had been asked to take them back but werent bothered, he said they had literally a thousand bins just sitting there :eek: Granted this was October last year but probably goes some way to explaining why FCC need to charge people in the first place, pure inefficiency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

FCC for me is still the cheaper option.

T-Maxx wrote: »
    FCC for me is still the cheaper option.

How :confused: If you are on welfare, granted FCC give you FOC tags but other than that?

Greenstar is half the fixed annual price and I have never paid more than €6.50 for a refuse lift. Green bins are free.

Must be working late today..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Just got our brown bins so will be switching to Greenstar once FCC try to charge us the €110.
    Just making sure Greenstar only charge you for the weight of your black bin don't they?

Ginny wrote: »
    Just got our brown bins so will be switching to Greenstar once FCC try to charge us the €110.
    Just making sure Greenstar only charge you for the weight of your black bin don't they?
    They charge something like €2.70 a lift plus the weight. Still works out roughly €2 per bin empty cheaper than FCC (unless you are putting concrete bricks in your bin:D)

Green bin is free.

If you want a compost bin then you have to pay for that.

Greenstar has cost us the sum total of €40 for the 1st year. We got first year free (as is the offer for all new customers) after that they charge you €13.50 a quarter for the annual fee which is fair enough. Miles cheaper than FCC and a damn sight more reliable from what I have seen of late! Green bins not being collected till 7 o clock some nights :eek:

Each to their own but I cant believe people are still being shafted for €110 a year by staying with FCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

our green bins werent collected until 7,30pm this evening

Advertisement