Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Card reader for CF & SDHC

• 19-09-2009 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I got a new compact a few wks back and new SDHC cards. My old compact was using CF.

However the card reader on my laptop wouldn't read the SDHC cards! It reads standard SD ok. From a bit of research this is a common issue with these newer SDHC cards not working on older card readers. Also from what I seen there is no fix other than a more up to date reader.

Can anyone recommend a good multi card reader for CF & SDHC, SanDisk too please ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Budget? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Budget? :)

Good question. If the reader will serve me well for a good few yrs, don't mind paying a bit, say €50-70, if they are even that expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

Didn't realise they were so cheap! Multi reader for round €30

kgpixels wrote: »

Word of advice,I'd keep away from pixmania if I were you,I bought a CD player off them and it was faulty,Was told it would take 10-14 days for a replacement/Repair..And a month and a week later it arrived at our door,They don't exactly value their customers..

This here is better http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Memory-Card-Readers/SanDisk/SanDisk-USB-2.0-ImageMate-ALL-IN-ONE-Card-Reader

Free postage too.

The postage from pixmania is some crazy price by the looks of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,406 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

probably get one on ebay or deal extreme for less than €10

Got a Trust one in easons for 15-20€ which has been fine

13€ for postage from pixmania = really not worth buying small items

edit: didn't see you want a sandisk one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Don't forget dabs.ie, they have a good selection. I don't understand the need for a Sandisk branded one, the internal chipset on most is identical, they often come from the same Chinese factory.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

Good question. If the reader will serve me well for a good few yrs, don't mind paying a bit, say €50-70, if they are even that expensive?

I bought a Puremedia multi card reader over the counter for less than 17 euro:

http://www.pcworld.ie/

This gives some idea of general pricing:

http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/shopping/search.php?q=multi+card+usb&Submit=Search&iListOffset=20

I have the reader a few months, and, with care, it should last well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

if its the sdhc card that's causing you a problem you could just pick up a SDHC->USB adapter from eBay for about €4. I have one and it works fine. I don't use it for CF cards though so you would maintain your old reader for the CF stuff. That would be a cheap way of doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I have a mikomi 8 in 1 which works perfect, you can get similar from argos for less than €23, they dont seem to stock the one i have anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

Anywhere in town should have a Hama one, multicard, 20 quid, had mine about 3 years, brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bella_Blue_Star

Hi,
    I have a great card reader - the brand is STOREX - that we picked up on hols in France for about €20. I don't know if you can buy them here, but it must be possible over the internet. Their own website is www.storex.fr
    It's a high-speed USB ALL in 1 card reader. It's really fast.

Hi,
    I have a great card reader - the brand is STOREX - that we picked up on hols in France for about €20. I don't know if you can buy them here, but it must be possible over the internet. Their own website is www.storex.fr
    It's a high-speed USB ALL in 1 card reader. It's really fast.

It's hella ugly though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

I will repeat, HAMA all in 1 €20. Anywhere in town will have them and their fantastic. Case closed. :D

Advertisement