Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

warning: Roomsnet.com

• 19-09-2009 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

not sure if this is the right forum to post this but my parents booked their hotel through this irish website on the 28th of august for this week in the costa brava and when they arrived the hotel they were told the room had been cancelled by roomsnet.com as the company has gone bankrupt. Roomsnet.com had already taken the money for the room so obviously they are not going to be getting that money back due to them declaring bankruptcy.
    so the parents had to go and book into another hotel at a €450 extra expense.
    I was just on roomsnet.com and they are still taking bookings even though they declared bankruptcy on August 20th so be warned not to book with them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

yeah heard about that twas on joe duffy for two full days a good few weeks back lots of stories like yours but nobody got their money back.
    though luck on the folks thou

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bernadette1

i was in new york last week booked with roomsnet money was taken from our credit card six weeks ago . it was cancelled by Travalco for nonpayment by roomsnet.
    I have Being emailing roomsnet everyday keeps fobbing me off Blaming hotel. We had to pay hotel again.
    I was told you Can Claim your Money if you paid by credit Card Charge Back The Consumer rights people told me that.
    I would Advice anyone never again Book with ROOMSNET.
    Also you can get on to ECCireland.ie European Consumer Leglisation
    Hope this Helps

Advertisement