Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coors Light Peak

Options
  • 19-09-2009 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭

I've 2 spare tickets for Coors Light Peak this evening in Limerick, its on down by the Clarion I think.
    Info on it can be found here.
    I'll be on here on and off until around 1:30ish, and again around 5pm if anyone is interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Do you actually need tickets? I thought this thing was free?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Do you actually need tickets? I thought this thing was free?

Yup,its free but you need to apply for the tickets and they get sent by email

Thats just awkward!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Thats just awkward!!!

well 2 tickets are being offered to ya:D

and i think if they didnt use tickets they cant control the crowd. only certain amount of people are aloud in and if everyone is turning up without tickets u get crowd congestion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Change of plan and now can't go. Have 4 tickets going free. PM email addy if you want them

• Advertisement

lol i have 4 free aswell:D giving them to a mate but dam is anyone who applied for tickets actually going:D

i heard a rumor doh that this is part of the gay pride fest????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

I've got 4 tickets too if anyone wants pm me....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Paulegend wrote: »
    lol i have 4 free aswell:D giving them to a mate but dam is anyone who applied for tickets actually going:D

I don't think that should make a difference really. I'll be going there for the music and to spend time with friends, it should be a fun evening :)

@Limerick Dude, I should be able to give you a ticket this evening. Text me if you get a chance.

An File wrote: »
    I don't think that should make a difference really. I'll be going there for the music and to spend time with friends, it should be a fun evening :)

@Limerick Dude, I should be able to give you a ticket this evening. Text me if you get a chance.

Yeah ill take that ticket An Fhile!

Text mah!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

its not, but it shouldnt matter.

• Advertisement

An File wrote: »

zuroph wrote: »
    its not, but it shouldnt matter.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo holy crap i didnt mean it like that at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

must have a touch of the foot in mouth:eek:

going to the gig anyway should be a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

If anyone's still looking to give these away I'm looking for one, I PM'd those who have them....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Richy06 wrote: »
    If anyone's still looking to give these away I'm looking for one, I PM'd those who have them....

Email sent,get printing and enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

still have tickets if anyone still looking....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

I was down at it. It wasn't anywhere near full. That bloke with the drums on his own was very good, although there is only so much one dude with a drum kit can do, before becoming slightly boring. Reverend and the makers were good, they didn't play The State of Things, which was a disappointment and I couldn't help thinking that they sounded a bit like a poor mans Arctic Monkeys. Still, it was absolutely FREE so i was delighted with meself. And no I didn't buy any Yankee pish, uh, I mean Coors Light, calorie controlled beer. Why is American beer cold? So you can tell the difference between it and piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I was down at it. It wasn't anywhere near full. That bloke with the drums on his own was very good, although there is only so much one dude with a drum kit can do, before becoming slightly boring. Reverend and the makers were good, they didn't play The State of Things, which was a disappointment and I couldn't help thinking that they sounded a bit like a poor mans Arctic Monkeys. Still, it was absolutely FREE so i was delighted with meself. And no I didn't buy any Yankee pish, uh, I mean Coors Light, calorie controlled beer. Why is American beer cold? So you can tell the difference between it and piss.

My thoughts on the gig as well.
    We got there around 7:30ish - just missed Walter Mitty and the Realists. Friends said they were good though. So then there was over an hour of the DJ which wasn't very impressive at all. The place was dead for that hour or so. R.S.A.G. was good, but as goingpostal said it was getting a bit boring towards the end of the set, and very repetitive. Reverend and the Makers were very good - really enjoyed them.
    The place was empty - a very disappointing turn out. Had a few pints of Coors Light because there was no other choice, but there is only so much of the stuff you can take.

were they charging for the coors? how much?

FIVE EURO. They were doing a nice trade. I had a nice cup of tea instead. I was going to risk a burger but thought better of it. The response to Coors slogan "Its more than just a music event" is too obvious to even bother typing it. Like Carol I got there at 7.30 or so and missed Walter Mitty and the Realists which was disappointing, because I saw them do an acoustic set downstairs in the belltable and they were a very tight unit.

5 euro, pshh, they can sit and swivel.

edit: wait til u see WMatR's new music video, its awesome!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I was really disappointed to miss Walter Mitty and the Realists.
    Dark Room Notes did a brilliant set at seven o'clock, I'd never heard of them before last night and I still really enjoyed them.
    The reggae DJ played some entertaining music, but it went on for well over 45 minutes and killed whatever atmosphere was starting to build up.
    Rarely Seen Above Ground was impressive, to say the least. Very talented performer, with some pretty innovative drumming.

I left before Reverend and the Makers started, so can't comment on them.
    Overall, it was an underwhelming experience, but there's real potential there for a proper music event if it's advertised more effectively in the future.

• Advertisement

5 euro, pshh, they can sit and swivel.

edit: wait til u see WMatR's new music video, its awesome!

in fairness at most gigs these days youd expect to pay 6 or 7 quid a pint so 5 aint bad at all

in fairness at most gigs these days youd expect to pay 6 or 7 quid a pint so 5 aint bad at all
    picnic, €5.50
    cois €6
    but these were events for profit..

If coors are trying to promote themselves, (and i understand RATM would have cost money), they should be trying to set the beer prices at least in line with local pints. Last years event with djs in the car park, free beer and pizza, much better idea.
    heineken greenspheres, one or two free beer vouchers and free in to see acts like soulwax etc? much better IMO.

picnic, €5.50
    cois €6
    but these were events for profit..

If coors are trying to promote themselves, (and i understand RATM would have cost money), they should be trying to set the beer prices at least in line with local pints. Last years event with djs in the car park, free beer and pizza, much better idea.
    heineken greenspheres, one or two free beer vouchers and free in to see acts like soulwax etc? much better IMO.

o2 dublin 6euro
    oxegen 6euro

thomond park 5euro

they had to also pay for the venue the staff the submitting of planing permission and other various costs. i doubt if you looked into it they would have mnade much of a profit. considering the pints where pretty good aswell......................

5 euro is what 50 cent more than most local pubs

o2 dublin 6euro
    oxegen 6euro

thomond park 5euro

they had to also pay for the venue the staff the submitting of planing permission and other various costs. i doubt if you looked into it they would have mnade much of a profit. considering the pints where pretty good aswell......................

5 euro is what 50 cent more than most local pubs
    point is its not meant to be for profit at all. Greenspheres manage to give away free beer and put on bigger name acts than coors did. And they're getting the beer and equipment cheaper than most venues ;)

point is its not meant to be for profit at all. Greenspheres manage to give away free beer and put on bigger name acts than coors did. And they're getting the beer and equipment cheaper than most venues ;)

why are they getting beer and equipment cheaper??

why is it not meant to be for profit???

they have staff wages aswell to pay

differnce is my friend heineken greensheres dont have to pay venue fees or wages.in fact greenspher was held back in april in dolans and who was the headliner........................ you guessed it twas reverend and the makers.
    yes the same band that played last night;)

back to the whole thinmg if anyone says that 5 euro is alot for a pint at a gig then i doubt they go to many gigs.

just for curiosty how much is it for a pint in the warehouse(not being smart i dont actually know)

how much is a pint in a club

I agree with zuroph. The whole point of the exercise from Coors perspective is to increase awareness and goodwill towards their particular brand of poison. Charging five euros to sample the delights of Coors Light while depriving the punter of any alternative is a bit self defeating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

I do agree with zuroph, a lot of people came for an hour and left, after a drink or 2 because of the cost, however having said that, me and the missus went to clohessey's afterwards to meet some of her mates, and wound up spending €5 on a bottle of coors light, where we got a pint for the same amount in the gig. even if they charged for drink at the gig and then did some kind of promotion in bars around town would have helped raise awareness of the brand and not left such a bitter taste in everyone's mouth. and not just because of the rotten taste from the swill water that was served ;)

they get it cheaper cos they make the stuff. Would it have killed them to give even one free pint? They didn't have to have d event on docks they could have copied greenspheres. Just a bit of poor marketing imo

well i do agree with you guys dont get me wrong but i think what ye are complaing about is typical limerick people bitching for the sake of bitching.

coors anounced about 10 months ago that they where going to have a couple of events in ireland. they where going to have gigs where they would have one big act. 2 sm,aller acts. and 2 local acts. at every venue. the host cities or towns would have to request to be involved. limerick applied for that weekend because of car free day(which it was supposed to be) they decided to bring in a limerick pride day instead of car free day. make people celebrate limerick(nooine actually showed up or cared. which says alot about the critics and followers of limerick alike). all week events have been happening various gigs and contests.

coors had this gig in limerick and will have more throughout the country. they arent overcharging for beer. the tickets are free what else do you want(o yea the limerick people want more stuff free). coors supplied their own beer but that still costs them does it not??? heineken supply there own beer at their gigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fact!!!!! in fact i was at one gig foir the dirty pretty things last year in dolans by heiniken where we got 1 free bottle of beer and the gig was free. we payed over the odds then for the stuff behind the counter. just because you dont6 get a free drink at a gig you didnt pay for doesnt make it a bad gig.

people came at half 7. to my knowledge they only left after the gig. i was there and the crowed seemed to get bigger not smaller. the beer was excellent alot better than heiniken in most bars in town. the gig was excellent. good set up. not far from town.

people really need to be educated and stop following the other lemmings off the preverbial cliff

• Advertisement

well i do agree with you guys dont get me wrong but i think what ye are complaing about is typical limerick people bitching for the sake of bitching.

people really need to be educated and stop following the other lemmings off the preverbial cliff

Believe it or not, it is possible to criticise something that happened in Limerick without criticising the whole city. I think you're over-reacting here. Nobody has suggested that the Coors gig was perfect, nor was it a disaster. It was an average event that could have been much better, and I would have said that no matter what its location.

Advertisement