Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

esb pre paid €5 meter cards

Options
  • 19-09-2009 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

what can i do with my cards? perants bought me quite a few and i never used them all can i get esb to buy them back and give money back to parents?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

jetty1 wrote: »
    perants

You mean parents right? Or do you have a generous mate called Perants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 jetty1

lol yes parents !!!

i could post a ad at college but would it be handier to sell on ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

How much are we talking about?

• Advertisement

€240 48 €5 cards

was thinking of selling 48 for €4. or €3.50 so it helps others so would be €192 or €168

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

techonally it wouldnt be any good cause they wood still have to pay the esb bill when it comes out, cause normally when u purchase them you need an esb account no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Neeni

To my knowledge there is no point selling them to anybody. You need a specific ESB issued card to purchase these tokens. As soon as you buy the cards, the money is credited to your ESB account - regardless of whether or not you have actually used them in your token meter. You still get an electricity bill based on the units you have used. Selling them would mean that whoever uses them would have the ability to use electricity but would not have the money credited to their account so they would have paid you for the cards and would also have to pay the ESB when their bill issues.

Whatever card your parents used to purchase the tokens has been credited with that much cash so you are not losing out by not being able to sell them....

i gave them to the lads staying there:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

So your parents have to pay 240 quid of their bill?

Advertisement