Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham v Liverpool 17:30 [Match Thread]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Get in!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

2-1

Kuyt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kuyt :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Can it be, a goal from a corner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

That's what happens when you've no one on the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

kuyt, what a man. good header by gerrard,yet another reason to have someone else taking the corners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

It's obviously a mistake as we dont score from corners...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,108 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

christ, see the replay for the penalty? That mother could be brought up on charges, throwin the kid around the place!

Skittles booked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

2-1 nice finish by Kuyt

• Advertisement

Careless by Skrtel. Now both our CBs have a yellow.

Fupping hell. 2-2

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    christ, see the replay for the penalty? That mother could be brought up on charges, throwin the kid around the place!

Surprised He/she? didnt spew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Cole. 2-2 . Told ya lads. this game is gonna finish 5-4

oh ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

fcuk.

2-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

shotamoose wrote: »
    Can it be, a goal from a corner?

there's another one for you....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Keep a ****ing lead lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Man on the post would be a good idea, you'd think Kuyt's goal would have been a hint...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Come on The Hammers :D

seriously, why dont we play with men on the posts?! I have no problem with zonal marking, but when we have all 11 back for corners, why not put 2 on the posts, it just makes sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

The way our defense is playing, I can see this being a silly scoreline/classic game; whichever way you want to view it.

Edit: didn't see the 2-2. Oh dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

**** sake! Corner AGAIN!

Think I might spew after that:mad:

2-2

Cole for West Ham.

This game could have been 4-4 by now.

Cannot argue with the score though, Liverpool have been very poor in both CB positions, and I think are missing Xabi's tempo setting in the centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭Trampas

Terrible defending and tackling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Xavi6 wrote: »

How true.

Xavi6 wrote: »

And again!

Basic stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'm happy West Ham equalised, but also disappointed we'll have to put up with more zonal marking talk for the next week ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We must be averaging a goal conceded from a set-piece per game at this stage.

• Advertisement

Yup. But zonal marking works. Its an awesome system....because its a liverpool system. :p

That Hines lad looks quality. Very pacey, quick feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭villager

any pool fan here agree that when agger back fit he should replace carra who has had a mare in the first half. i thought before start of season this would be his last as a regular starter but i don't think he will even last till end of season.

Kirby wrote: »
    Yup. But zonal marking works. Its an awesome system....because its a liverpool system. :p

That Hines lad looks quality. Very pacey, quick feet.

Hmm funny thing is that its the same system that got Pepe Reina 3or4 golden glove awards over the last few seasons.

Crap defending is crap, doesn't have to mean it is crap because of Zonal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Pelligrino needs a kick in the arse for his defensive coaching and Rafa needs a kick in the arse if he hasn't the balls to drop Carra

noodler wrote: »
    Hmm funny thing is that its the same system that got Pepe Reina 3or4 golden glove awards over the last few seasons.

Crap defending is crap, doesn't have to mean it is crap because of Zonal.

Both those goals....Kuyt's and Cole's, would've been stopped by men on the posts man. Don't know why they don't do it.

And the golden glove is for the most clean sheets......not the least goals conceded. There is a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Defending from both sides is hilarious.

Could be 4-4 for a finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

The sooner Agger comes back the better. Carragher has lost it this season not even controlling the line anymore ffs.

Rafa aswell stubbon as always, men on posts please. simples.:mad:

flanzer wrote: »
    Pelligrino needs a kick in the arse for his defensive coaching and Rafa needs a kick in the arse if he hasn't the balls to drop Carra

May not have too if Carra keeps playing like this, a second yellow will be forthcoming.
    Both those goals....Kuyt's and Cole's, would've been stopped by men on the posts man. Don't know why they don't do it.

And the golden glove is for the most clean sheets......not the least goals conceded. There is a difference.

Look it up my friend, which team has consistently been aongst the top 2 or 3 teams for goas conceded AND clean sheets over the last few years. If you are trying to say that Golden Gloves mask the fact that Liverpool have been conceding bucket loads of goals over the last few seasons then you are either lieing or making it up.

Its simply a case that goals conceded from set-pieces recieve a helluva lot more media attention.

Also, one of the four players jumping with Cole making contact with the ball would have stopped the goal too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Don't let something silly like facts get in the way of a good dig eh!!

Zonal marking concedes far fewer goals on average than man on man in the prem but every time a goal is conceded against a team who used zonal defence, whatever lazy journalist is about with a drum to bang will blame that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

You know what pisses me off about the whole zonal marking debate, its that the focus is always on the system, rather than the players.

Is there not a single football commentator out there who might possibly think that zonal marking works, but that Liverpools defenders are too ****e to implement it. Or that they'd look at a season average and compares the stats? Or look at the reason for the concedded goal, and see if other teams players are doing similar things consistantly [Arsenal exploit it by shifting the angle a foot].

I swear to god, the way they conceptualise the system, if they watched me and my mates play at home and we concedded 5 goals from zonal marking, they'd still blame it on the system and say we'd be much better with man to man. It's just ****ing infuriating. It's the bloody same with rotating. It's not that rotation is bad. Every top team does it. It's about when you rotate, which players in which games, and making sure that the players are just good enough to get the 3 points. Any fool can rotate, only the best can do it and do it right.

Nonetheless, I shall be avoiding any football pundits for the next week because every single one of us knows what they are going to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Cmon the pool. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

We must be ai sveraging a goal conceded from a set-piece per game at this stage.

i saw a stat on yahoo that all liverpools goals in the leaue this season have been conceded from set pieces and that includes today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Men on the post / zonal marking, meh. Just attack the ****ing ball and win the header please. That's the simple part.

Its simply a case that goals conceded from set-pieces recieve a helluva lot more media attention.

Dunno man, nine goals conceded from set pieces so far this season. Speaks for itself.

second half started. Im sticking with my 5-4 prediction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Dunno man, nine goals conceded from set pieces so far this season. Speaks for itself.

second half started. Im sticking with my 5-4 prediction.

I wonder how many of those came from Carragher fouls/the man he should have been marking winning their header? Genuinely interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭The Rooster

More proof that poor oul Carra is now a liability and that Gerrard should never take another corner (just too good in and around the box).

Personally I'd take off one of Mascho or Lucas and bring on Babel.

That Hines lad looks some prospect

Lol @ torres :D You tell that linesman who's boss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

y do liverpool play with 2 players who cant pass other then parallel to the goal?! (lucas, masherano)

• Advertisement

mink_man wrote: »
    y do liverpool play with 2 players who cant pass other then parallel to the goal?! (lucas, masherano)

Mascherano is a quality player man. He would walk into most teams. The fact that Lucas is terrible shouldn't take away from Mascherano.

Advertisement