Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Couple of queries for a noob

Options
  • 19-09-2009 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi all,
    I'm new to Eve, I've been plugging away at missions, scraping a few isk together, slowly working up to better ships. My current ship is a Gallente cruiser the Vexor. It has a good drone bay and I am starting to use drones frequently.
    Anyways, I find when mining in the standard asteroid fields you get harassed from time to time by NPC's and other players sweeping in looking for easy targets.

I have noticed when i am doing missions, sometimes when i warp to the dead space area there are asteroids in there. Sometimes a lot of asteroids. So, my first question is:-
    After you have killed the NPC's in the dead space area is it 100% safe to go back to the dead space area with a defenseless mining ship and mine all the asteroids free from any worries of other players or more NPC's randomly dropping by to attack you?

Second question is on making money through time cards. I am kinda poor isk speaking, so what are the general opinions of buying an Eve time card and selling it on my account login page for isk? Where is the best place to by a time card online and how do i find a buyer?

Opinions appreciated.

Cheers,
    Ironmoss.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Havent played in a while, but here goes...
    IronDuke wrote: »
    Anyways, I find when mining in the standard asteroid fields you get harassed from time to time by NPC's and other players sweeping in looking for easy targets.
    As long as your in Empire, your safe enough from other players. Well, safe is the wrong word as you can still get killed by anyone, but Concord will kill them as long as you dont attack them first (or as long as your not in a corp thats at war with their corp). They can steal the ore from your can, but thats about it.
    After you have killed the NPC's in the dead space area is it 100% safe to go back to the dead space area with a defenseless mining ship and mine all the asteroids free from any worries of other players or more NPC's randomly dropping by to attack you?
    No where in Eve is 100% safe. Well, I guess NPC stations are, but thats about it. You can be scanned in a Deadspace complex iirc, but i'm not 100% sure about that. And i dont think npc's respawn in Deadspace, but again i'm not 100% sure on that.

Also, the ore in a Deadspace complex is basic Veldspar from what i remember, and you dont really want to be mining that solo. Takes an age to make money from that.
    Second question is on making money through time cards. I am kinda poor isk speaking, so what are the general opinions of buying an Eve time card and selling it on my account login page for isk? Where is the best place to by a time card online and how do i find a buyer?
    I've done this myself a few times, the first after moving to 0.0 space and having both my Battleships destroyed in the space of a day :o It's pretty common, but just dont do it too often. With a bit of ratting in 0.0 space, you can easily make enough isk to sustain yourself.

I really need to resub and get back into it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Its a trap.

(Who says eve makes you paranoid.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I wish I could help you but from what I've seen from your questions (wtf are drones ?? :/) I'm even more of a newbie than you :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

there are plenty of places to mine in high sec were nobody will bother you

have a look around

NPC if your in a vexor you should be able handle them if not move to a higher sec above 0.5 or check your ship fittings battleclinic will help

Can flippers your properly in a noob part were the roids are mined to bits

and where some old players start annoying the noobs dont even try to attack them or take or ore back if can flipped

it happened to me when i started

i mined in high sec with a hulk 6 cans at time no one bothered me

get yourself a retriever then join a wh corp mine a b c mins

sit back the isk will flow

get a second account and get buy another toon

btw read this http://www.eve-wiki.net/index.php?title=Haladas_Mining_Guide

forgot buying isk

you can buy from here http://www.shatteredcrystal.com/ they need to call you to confirm who you are will ask you silly questions like how far is the nearst city from you

then when that done they email the GTC 60 days = which you can convert to 2*30 plexs to sell in game go to jita rens to sell and convert them there

plexs can not be moved from station to station

theres a guide

http://support.eve-online.com/Pages/KB/Article.aspx?id=495

http://support.eve-online.com/Pages/KB/Article.aspx?id=493

DO not buy from chinese isk sellers only eve CCP approved sellers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

mineing misson roids is usually a waste of time compaired to actually running the missons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Mantel wrote: »
    mineing misson roids is usually a waste of time compaired to actually running the missons.

Not with the current absence of macro miner accounts. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

R0ot wrote: »
    Not with the current absence of macro miner accounts. :D
    Has it really made a big difference? I remember killing npc's in some systems, and there'd actually be no asteroids in any belt in the entire system.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

www.shatteredcrystal.com

Is a good place to buy the gametime cards.

Using the code they sell you, you can convert it into 2 x Pilot Licence Extention items then for easy sale on the market.

I wouldnt recommend mining asteroids in missions, sometimes they are booby trapped :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Zerolord

Kiith wrote: »
    Has it really made a big difference? I remember killing npc's in some systems, and there'd actually be no asteroids in any belt in the entire system.

Well thats usually because large industrial corps usually go out and completely mine systems one after another, all depending on what ore is in systems. Im part of a industrial corp in 0.0 and we strip belts all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

• Advertisement
Advertisement