Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-mail problems

Options
  • 19-09-2009 2:17pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi. I need to change my contact e-mail address on my CP but get the message 'The email address you entered is already in use. If you have forgotten your password, please click here.' due to a forgotten account opened on this page years ago. Is there anyway to merge the two accounts of delete one of them as I can't receive e-mails on my registered address anymore. Any help is appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Hi. I need to change my contact e-mail address on my CP but get the message 'The email address you entered is already in use. If you have forgotten your password, please click here.' due to a forgotten account opened on this page years ago. Is there anyway to merge the two accounts of delete one of them as I can't receive e-mails on my registered address anymore. Any help is appreciated
    Thanks

You'll need to post this on the helpdesk to get an admin's assistance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Yeah I tried that twice but never received a response as I think they must respond to the e-mail attached to my username which I can't access. Was hoping someone here had any other ideas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

set up a gmail account and use that.

If you use outlook etc, it can fetch the mails from it, alternatively, most online mail servers can fetch from other accounts as well.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,725 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Hi, can you PM me the address you want to add and I'll sort it out with you that way? It may be possible to merge the accounts, but we'll have to discuss it via PM first.

Cheers,
    hullaballoo.

Advertisement