Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please help me find my host and Port so i can finish website!

• 19-09-2009 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi there,

I realise this question on the web but I cannot find any where there are answers that work.

I have designed a website on iWeb.
    I have purchased a domain.
    I have purchased hosting.
    I have downloaded filezilla.

I would like help cnfiguriing filezilla so that I can move my website from the mac to the site.

At the moment I need a Host, username, password and a Port, A Server Address, and a Directory/Path
    Are these from my internet connection>? or my host? or my local area?

Thank you v. much
    eef

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jimmybob

Hi
    Your hosting company should provide you with the details you need. Different hosting companies do it differently. They will give you the host name, username and password or they will tell you where to get it. This is called an FTP account.

If you bought the domain name from the hosting company then they will be able to get the name to work with your website.

Once you get the details put them into filezilla and connect. The folder your looking for could be httpdocs or wwwroot. Upload one test file (simple html page)to see if its working with your domain.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 48 hollyeef

No i cant seem to find any of that info from my host - it is hosting365 b the way - should that be my hosting address ?

if so does that mean it should be - ftp://hosting365.com - ?

thankya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Contact the hosts support desk or documentation for the full details, please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement