Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SD Card Issue

• 19-09-2009 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I did a rally day in Rally Connection in waterford today. I paid €40 for a 2gb SD card for the in car camera to film the driving for the day.

Just got home to Cork and the 2gb SD Card is showing 800mb of space used for the 3 runs in the car and there are 3 avi files on the SD card.

Problem is the 3 AVI files are showing 0kb in windows xp. They won't play in WMP or VLC. I copied them across to the desktop from the SD card and the same is happening.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Speedway wrote: »
    Hi all,

I did a rally day in Rally Connection in waterford today. I paid €40 for a 2gb SD card for the in car camera to film the driving for the day.

Just got home to Cork and the 2gb SD Card is showing 800mb of space used for the 3 runs in the car and there are 3 avi files on the SD card.

Problem is the 3 AVI files are showing 0kb in windows xp. They won't play in WMP or VLC. I copied them across to the desktop from the SD card and the same is happening.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

The card may be corrupted. Where did you buy the card, what brand is it? e40 for a 2gb card is way too expensive btw :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

oh ya i know €40 is waaaay too much. It was just that you paid €40 for your driving to be recorded and got a 2gb card with it.

this is the card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820178100
    was taken out of the packet brand new in front of me so I'm hoping it's not corrupted :(

any chance it could be something to do with disk formats or the size of the AVIs being quite large? card is formatted as FAT rather than FAT 32 could that be an issue?

thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Speedway wrote: »
    oh ya i know €40 is waaaay too much. It was just that you paid €40 for your driving to be recorded and got a 2gb card with it.

this is the card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820178100
    was taken out of the packet brand new in front of me so I'm hoping it's not corrupted :(

any chance it could be something to do with disk formats or the size of the AVIs being quite large? card is formatted as FAT rather than FAT 32 could that be an issue?

thanks!

I'm really only guessing here but did you format it before you used it?

Can you play it back on another computer/laptop or even the camera?

Try playing them with VLC which can play any file format (not if they're corrupted unfortunately:()

P.S. FAT is fine, it only NTFS that has the 4gb limit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Many digital cameras these days recored video, stick the card into one and see if you can play the files on the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

yep tried it on my own camera and its just showing read error. Just wondering does anybody know if I can do a hash check or some kind of CRC check on it to see if the card is corrupt?

• Advertisement
Advertisement