Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC WORLD / EIRCOM INTERNET

• 19-09-2009 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭

Excuse me if this query sounds daft ! Having accessed internet everywhere else except home previously I now have to set up at home and find out the tech stuff behind doing it !!

I am looking at DELL laptop deals from PC World. I see that they are selling broadband connection via Eircom - which would suit me.

Our landline is internet capable i.e. the line is OK to take broadband from the local Eircom exchange. What are the mechanics of getting online once you sign up ? Do the PC World tech guys actually need to call to the house and do something physically ? If it is just a question of plugging things in I can do that myself as I am reasonably technically minded and can follow instructions.

BTW I am not the Eircom customer for our landline. That is being provided free by dear old Granny who also gets the line rental for free :D. Does anyone know if I can get my broadband through her landline account or can I be stuck for line rental in my own name ?? I know that this sounds stupid as it is the same line but this is Ireland after all. I only ask to find out the snags now rather than when it is too late !!!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

If your Granny is getting free line rental then make sue you have the BB enbled on her line as then you will only have to pay for the BB section of the bill as the line rental is taken care of, if of course she has the line rental due to living alone then be careful as she will loose that if found out.

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved From Laptops.

Advertisement