Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Your Love" by The Prodigy *SAMPLES????*

Options
  • 19-09-2009 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Have been listening to The Prodigy for years,and was recently looking into how many samples are contained in all their albums,and how Liam was talking about how important sampling was for him,and what how its part of the ethos of the group as a whole.

But have noticed,a quite unusual sample in "Your Love",its a male voice shouting something,which only sounds something like "our crew!" or "im cruel" ,its hard to figure out what he is saying.

It drew my attention,as i was also listening to the Ridge Racer soundtracks,and noticed the sample again,used by a japanese producer who is part of the namco sound team.

here is the original Prodigy song,the sample i am talking about makes its first appearance @ 0.47 seconds into the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg2DNyvDGhU

(i dont know how to embed videos,ah well.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lukasz.

just found out what the sample is taken from:

"Sample: "Our Crew"
    Taken from: "Made In Two Minutes" by Bug Kahn & The Plastic Jam....not many people have heard this original version of the track since there have been so many remixes for it...but the sample is located at the beginning of the track saying "Our Crew"

Advertisement