Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harmonica!!

Options
  • 19-09-2009 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hey guys just got a harmonica as a gift and was wondering does anyone have any advice for someone starting out???:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 assante

check out BRENDAN POWER on utube one of the best players of all time,but as far as advice goes about how to play and get lessons i am sorry but i dont know.
    It is one of the greatest instruments to learn to play and I wish you the best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

Listen to popular harmonica licks that you like and work on them. Alot of them are easier than you would think. I only started learning last year and found that learning by ear was alot more fun than scales and the like. 'Love me Do' is a great lick because it has that little blues train run in it and you can use that in most any jam in any key

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭elduder

I would say learn by ear. I started by listening to some some neil young and just trying to copy his harmonica in songs, (heart of gold) Then I was thrown in at the deep end in a pub. The guitarist I played with would just say do some harmonica and I had to put something together. Just play around with it and have fun.

Advertisement