Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years- How much study/homework are you doing at the weekends?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Yeah I do about 5 hours of homework and 4 hours of study every night....
    Honest

I suspect some lying going around, How can you study for that long daily if your only 4 weeks in 5th year? Theres not much to study yet.

Really
    1 - 2 hours homework depending on how bad it may be.
    10 mins study or maybe 30mins-1hour if I've a test. No more needed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

i use to do 15hrs but then again I wanted all straight A"s which i got
    Yeah you did 15 hours and I can fly. :rolleyes:

Tests are coming in earnest to me. Starting to up the study (including homework time) to about 3, at worst 4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

jumpguy wrote: »
    Yeah you did 15 hours and I can fly. :rolleyes:

Tests are coming in earnest to me. Starting to up the study (including homework time) to about 3, at worst 4 hours.

4 hours?..

I seriously feel bad now looking at how hard some people are working :/ .

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

hi i'm in fifth year aswell,

ye it wud depend if ur talkin bout homework or study....i wud finish all my homework which so far is taking approx 2-3 hrs, and i wud giv another 1hr 30mins on revision of 2 or 3 subjects. if u dont get much homework den do more revision. do between 4-5hrs over sat nd sunday. nd dats only de weekend..

i no ervy1 says it but, it wud be a gud idea 2 make out a study timetable and stick to it! revise 1-2 subjects for 30min-1hr every night but giv homework de priority.

i no it seems lyk a pain in de ass! but de LC is effectivly goin 2 decide ur life!!!!! most ppl dont seem 2 realise dat till dey gt into 6th year nd den de pressure hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

4 hours?..

The critical part of that would be the "tests coming in earnest". I have maths in a few days, biology and physics next week. Maths is okay...need to revise earlier things in the chapter though, so that's a good bit of work, I've done NOTHING in biology, seriously need to revise that, and physics I need to revise some of the stuff, it's like maths again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

nipps wrote: »
    hi i'm in fifth year aswell,

ye it wud depend if ur talkin bout homework or study....i wud finish all my homework which so far is taking approx 2-3 hrs, and i wud giv another 1hr 30mins on revision of 2 or 3 subjects. if u dont get much homework den do more revision. do between 4-5hrs over sat nd sunday. nd dats only de weekend..

i no ervy1 says it but, it wud be a gud idea 2 make out a study timetable and stick to it! revise 1-2 subjects for 30min-1hr every night but giv homework de priority.

i no it seems lyk a pain in de ass! but de LC is effectivly goin 2 decide ur life!!!!! most ppl dont seem 2 realise dat till dey gt into 6th year nd den de pressure hits.

decide your life:D:D...so untrue:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

well there technically is if you work through the night.. :P

Hmm... Seven hours of school, fifteen of work and two hours for sleeping and eating. If this is true, I see breakdowns in the future

I suspect some lying going around, How can you study for that long daily if your only 4 weeks in 5th year? Theres not much to study yet.

Really
    1 - 2 hours homework depending on how bad it may be.
    10 mins study or maybe 30mins-1hour if I've a test. No more needed at the moment.

I really hope that isn't aimed at me. I spent an hour on biology homework on Monday, followed by an hour of study, then almost 2 hours on physics study because I had a test in both subjects on Tuesday.
    4 hours?..

Ah don't! I'm leaving the proper study for later on. Enjoy the time while you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Aoifums wrote: »
    How does that work? There aren't 15 spare hours in a day:confused::eek: Or are you talking per week?
    Well, the thread title does ask "over the weekend", so presumably that would include Friday evening / Sat / Sun.

@ nipps: Welcome to Boards, but please lay off the txtspit, it doesn't go down well on this site! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭answer me

how many honours and pass are u doing for de leaving cert?

how many points are you looking for?

question goes to everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

2 pass and 5 honours!..hoping for anything over 400!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 spy_cake

All honours but im doing ordinary maths and Irish:rolleyes:

Im doing evening study in school which is after school for two hours..

should i be doing more at home??:confused::)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭answer me

is it possible to get 450 points out of a possible 470 points or is that just impossible?

also,do you think getting 430 and 360 points out of a possible 470 is realistic?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

spy_cake wrote: »
    All honours but im doing ordinary maths and Irish:rolleyes:

should i be doing more at home??:confused::)
    i think u should do 2 hours more as you may spend evening study doing homework and study for the 2 hours after.wot subjects do u more then maths Irish,English and french/Spanish? and ru in 5th/6th yr?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

answer me wrote: »
    how many honours and pass are u doing for de leaving cert?

how many points are you looking for?

question goes to everyone

i'm doing all honours nd looking for between 520-540 points

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

spy_cake wrote: »
    Our school cut that, 'cession an all. It's annoying, I can't study at home there's too many distractions.
    Anyway I usually do about three hours over the weekend...all on Sunday evening :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

tbh i'm not doing much at the moment, we've only been back about 4 weeks! if you get too stressed about it now, you'll be totally burned out by 6th year.

Advertisement