Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Licence Query

• 19-09-2009 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Christ...I have never come across something so hard to understand in my life!!

I have a provisional 'A1' license and want to get an provisional 'A' license so that I can apply for my 'A' full.

I am on my second pro 'A1' license, can anyone tell me the steps I need to follow to get a pro 'A' license??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Fill in the form, bring it to tax office with A1 licence and the fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

do ya not have to do the theory test because although its a bike license its still technically a total different category anyways. I had to do theory when going from A1 to A. That was bout 5 or 6 years ago though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

I think you only have to do a theory for the A license if you didnt do one for the A1. Im not 100% sure on that but that was the case a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭seosamh

HI,
    I could really do with some advice. I have a Yamaha Majesty that I have not ridden for a few years. When I had it on the road I had a provisional license for a car which also had a stamp for a bike -provisional. I have since gotten a full license for a car but have no license for a bike. What to do? It is 125cc and if there is something like a long wait for a test should I be signing up for it now? Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

seosamh wrote: »
    HI,
    I could really do with some advice. I have a Yamaha Majesty that I have not ridden for a few years. When I had it on the road I had a provisional license for a car which also had a stamp for a bike -provisional. I have since gotten a full license for a car but have no license for a bike. What to do? It is 125cc and if there is something like a long wait for a test should I be signing up for it now? Thanks.

If it's been more than five years since your bike license expired you will have to do the new motorcycle theory test before you can apply for your provisional bike license.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Gator wrote: »
    Christ...I have never come across something so hard to understand in my life!!

I have a provisional 'A1' license and want to get an provisional 'A' license so that I can apply for my 'A' full.

I am on my second pro 'A1' license, can anyone tell me the steps I need to follow to get a pro 'A' license??

Chances are you will have to do another theory test to get the 'A' learner permit.

Did you ask at the tax office?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

seosamh wrote: »
    When I had it on the road I had a provisional license for a car which also had a stamp for a bike -provisional. I have since gotten a full license for a car but have no license for a bike. What to do?
    I asked about this when I passed my car test. If the bike provisional/permit is still valid you just need to bring two passport photos, your full licence and a completed application form to the motor tax office and they'll post you out a new LP with bike on it.
    If the permit went out of date less than five years ago it's the same except you'll have to pay €15 (unless it was your second or subsequent, then you'd have to apply for a driving test then get a one-year permit).
    If it went out of date more than five years ago you've to start all over, theory test, first permit, test, then get Cat.A added to your full licence.

Advertisement