Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The M&I Hypno event.

Options
  • 19-09-2009 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭

Basically, as a result Of Derren Brown's "Stuck to your seats", and the ensuing discussion on boards, we've decided to demonstrate how hypnotism can be effectively used to garner similar results over the internet. The plan is to organise an evening, set up a webcam-able chatroom, and myself and ??? will demonstrate the phenomona to several volunteers over webcam. stuff we hope to demonstrate includes catalepsy, amnesia, hallucinations, etc. There will be no "piss-taking" of volunteers (no dancing like a chicken etc!!), it'll all be to allow the volunteer feel the phenomona and come away feeling great afterwards!
    What we want here is for people who feel they'd like to experience this, and wouldnt mind taking part.
    you'll need
    1) a good webcam with micrphone, or even better, seperate headphone/microphone headset.
    2) Somewhere quiet to take part, free from distractions
    3) An hour or so of free time

If you're interested, let us know below, and what evenings generally suit the best, and we'll get to work organising it. Also, if you've been hypnotised before. If not, what experience of hypnotism you have, and what you believe it is, and how it works. Also, if you watched Derrens show, and what you made of it..

We'll be hopefully gathering a range of people of different experience, and have a fun demonstration!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

This sounds cool, I've never been hypnotised before, I'm interested to see whether it will work on me or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'll give it a go. When were you thinking of doing it?
    I'm free early most evenings expect between next thursday and sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭congress3

I wouldn't mind giving it ago. I have to admit that I am a major sceptic though. I at college during the day but I am free most evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

you're a sceptic of hypnotism? in that you don't believe it works/exists or what?

As in I think hypnotism is a crock of sh*te. I would love to see you prove me wrong though.
    Mind you I don't really know anything about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

congress3 wrote: »
    As in I think it's a crock of sh*te. I would love to see you prove me wrong though
    Ah right. I recommend you read up on hypnosis though, its scientificallly studied and accepted.

zuroph wrote: »
    Ah right. I recommend you read up on hypnosis though, its scientificallly studied and accepted.

If this event goes the way you plan then I'm sure I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭FrDougalMcguire

I watched DBs show and actually got stuck to my chair. The harder I tried to stand up, the harder it was getting to do so. It was getting even more difficult as the messages were coming up on the screen to say when we would be able to stand up. As soon as the blue screen appeared with the tone, I found myself able to stand no problem! Amazing. I was also hypnotized before by stage hypnotist Adrian Knight AKA Pol Dark. With these two experiences on board, I would certainly like to take part as it feels great (liberating) afterwards. I am available most evenings, weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cliff8410

sounds great, I would def be up for that! Any night other than monday, thursday and a sat suit me fine!

Cliff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Did any thing ever come of this ???

• Advertisement
Advertisement