Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

`Blinds up or down while storing?

Options
  • 19-09-2009 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Should you leave blinds closed or open when storing camper for long periods?
    I would have guessed closed but i have noticed that the recoil springs seem to lose their strength a bit after storing with them closed for`even 2 week stints.
    Cheers,
    Marty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Never thought about it ,tbh. I always leave them up.

I would imagine that they could form quite a condensation trap between window and blind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

peasant wrote: »
    Never thought about it ,tbh. I always leave them up.

I would imagine that they could form quite a condensation trap between window and blind

i all way leave them down keeps out the sun light stops the uv rays from mr sun fading the inside of the van ,never had an issue with the springs :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Spray a drop of WD40 into the ends of them with the Straw on the can , and it helps free them up .

Advertisement