Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best kept secret in dublin? (Re Session @ Seomra Spraoi)

Options
  • 19-09-2009 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

There's this place called Seomra Spraoi just off Mountjoy Square. It's like a community/social space. Basically, every Friday evening they have this event called 'Re Session' from 8 till around 12.

For €5 entry fee, you can bring your own booze, sit around on these cool couches and each week a different person plays some tunes on a laptop. I went last night for the first time with friends. Great place for pre drinks and it's only 10mins from the Spire.

As i can't afford to be spending €4-5 a pint in a pub before going to a club. I think I might start going here more regularly. It has to be one of Dublin's best kept secrets.

Found their website - http://www.seomraspraoi.org:8080/Plone/re-session

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

ha, seomra spraoi...my mate is one of the regualrs down there. he helped in setting it up and all that malarky.

have been in once or twice, more so when it was still getting painted and stuff. you can also go down for dinner every night for a mere donation and a chat with other regulars.

i dont think you should give people the impression its the kinda place you can walk in with a few cans and get tanked up before town, i mean it coud be, but not all walks of life would really appreciate it. also from what i remember, the neighbours dont be too happy with doznes of people out the back smoking and making a racket.

if anyone wants to know more about the place send me a pm and il put you in contact with my friend or just check their website www.seomraspraoi.org
    This is a gathering space without a profit motive. It can be a focal point for social movements, and a resource centre for people who are trying to make the world a better place. Seomra Spraoi hosts campaigning groups, and facilitates art and music. It is a centre for debate and the exchange of ideas. In a society where people are increasingly isolated and exploited, it can be a space of creativity and a hub of positive resistance. It is a point of contact for anyone interested in reclaiming the ability to shape our society.

Lots of people have got involved in the project in various ways. The spaces we have rented or borrowed in the city centre since 2005 have been used for numerous and diverse activities: meeting space, drop-in centre, cinema, vegan café, music venue, kindergarten, library, crafts workshop, information and resource centre with wireless internet access, arts centre, bicycle repair workshop...

Advertisement