Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo ODST - Out Early?

Options
  • 19-09-2009 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Halo Odst isnt supposed to be released until the 22nd, and i know there was some trouble as customers in France somehow bought it weeks early. But if you cant wait until the 22nd i was just up in Currys in the Pavilions Swords and there is a few copies there. So if you are desperate to play it im sure you could snap one up.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

i can confirm that one place is selling it early in galway anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Anyone else not gonna pick this up straight away. I'm lookin at what happened to Halo 3, so many bought it then traded it in that stores had too much of the stock and started to get rid of it at like €15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

rizzla wrote: »
    Anyone else not gonna pick this up straight away. I'm lookin at what happened to Halo 3, so many bought it then traded it in that stores had too much of the stock and started to get rid of it at like €15.

Not going to get it for the reason everybody traded in all those copies of halo 3. What an over hyped game that was, and OSDT is just a jumped up bit of dlc for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 hama33

Halo is great when theres 4 of you on the one tv just having a laugh. When you get competitive it can be a bit of a pain. Havn't been following ODST that much though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Halo 3: ODST was supposed to be a low priced piece of DLC. At the time of it being announced Bungie said it would only be 8-10 hours long and would be priced appropriately. However, as the fanboys went mental over the idea of more Halo material, Bungie jumped on the bandwagon and decided to begin "Operation: Milk Halo".

Halo 3 was enjoyable, but incredibly over-rated. ODST should have been released as DLC over a year ago as a complete download or a series of 'episodes'.

Hopefully, this will fail as much as Halo Wars and Bungie will realise that if they want to continue the Halo story they will do it with the protagonist gamers have come to love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Gamespot had a live vid last night of the first hour of the game and its just the same as older Halo games. The cut scenes and story seem ok and the Halo dramatic mucis cuts in for the set pieces.

The single player is short though, people have completed it on co-op in about 2.5 hrs. The main attraction is the multiplayer mode and Firefight modes.

It should have been DLC and not a €40 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Liber8or wrote: »
    Hopefully, this will fail as much as Halo Wars and Bungie will realise that if they want to continue the Halo story they will do it with the protagonist gamers have come to love.

Halo Wars had nothing to do with Bungie and was a fairly decent RTS Light for a console game. The Halo fps got old in Halo 2 as they did not advance the game much since Halo CE on the Xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Halo Wars had nothing to do with Bungie and was a fairly decent RTS Light for a console game. The Halo fps got old in Halo 2 as they did not advance the game much since Halo CE on the Xbox.

The may not have developed the game, but they shouldn't be so irreverent when selling their license to other developers.
    I didn't enjoy Halo Wars at all, very slow, restricting, no Covenent, very lacklustre and felt more like a demo than a full game.

I have a feeling Halo: Reach will be the Battlefield game for the license and maybe it will be more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sub

Any news of anywhere else selling this early in dublin? Preferably in the city?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Strange, with the advent of Modern Warfare 2 and the disappointment of Halo 3, I didn't expect anyone was looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Review here http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1025307p1.html

Looks alright. Never bought any Halo 3 maps so I wonder how much they would all come to if I bought them seperately.

Still gonna wait until copies flood the preowned section.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

hama33 wrote: »
    Halo is great when theres 4 of you on the one tv just having a laugh. When you get competitive it can be a bit of a pain. Havn't been following ODST that much though!

Golden Eye did the same 12 years ago, and even though its 12 years old its probably gonna be better than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Golden Eye did the same 12 years ago, and even though its 12 years old its probably gonna be better than this.
    Nostalgia's great, isn't it?
    I find GoldenEye practically unplayable now. Really stiff and awkward. And those N64 graphics...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

rizzla wrote: »
    Review here http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1025307p1.html

Looks alright. Never bought any Halo 3 maps so I wonder how much they would all come to if I bought them seperately.

I think it was worked out at €20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

So basically its a really good rental?

Advertisement