Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lapierre Audacio 300 Bike '10

• 19-09-2009 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=31013

I was looking at possibly buying this bike in the next few weeks. I have a voucher for a couple of hundred quid, so am confined to buy from the cyclesuper store in Tallaght.

I cant find any reviews of this bike online anywhere, has anyone bought one or has had a run about on one?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

you wont find any reviews as its only been released about 4 weeks now

id imagine its pretty much the R-Lite300, which i have, i like mine, thats all i can say really

im a newb and all, so no point in jabbering on with some long waffle, but i think mine is great

just tackled sallys gap for my first time today, bike performed great, weather performed ****e, human riding it performed, well, just ok, it was hard going

im sure you`ll be grand with them, good service from the superstore as well, always have spares, so you`re never waiting for parts

thats about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mebike

Thanks for that Chris.

Anyone else got any opinions of Lapierre road bikes, I am going to take the plunge tomorrow!

It will be used for a 10k commute to work and much longer spins at the wknd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

I bought a Lapierre aluminium frame last year and find it excellent, but am now changing to a carbon frame. So be careful and be sure that you have no intention of buying carbon in the future. If you are it makes sense to to pay the extra money now. Also be aware that the brakes are reversed on Lapierre bikes ie right lever is back breke. Just takes a little bit of getting used to.Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mebike

Thanks muckers. I don't really imagine I will need a carbon frame. I just want a decent bike for work and then heading out with friends at the weekend. I am stretched as is going for this alloy and carbon fork one. Thanks for the advice on the brakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Ste_D

Hi guys, I know this thread has been quiet for a year now (almost) but i was looking at a lapierre today and am seriously considering buying. How is everyone getting on one year later? Good? Bad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

I have an Audacio 400 for about 6 weeks and have done about 400k on it. Find it fantastic. When I was looking at bikes I was looking at a Giant originally but ended up going with the Lappierre. They were much of a muchness spec wise (Lapierre was slightly cheaper but didn't include pedals), CSS will push the Lapierre more as they are the Irish distributor but decided to go with their recomendation and have no regrets. Can't really compare it to any other brand though as it's my first road bike .

The Lapierre also looked nicer which we all know is the important thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Ste_D

Thanks crocked, thats exactly the model I was looking at so its nice to hear some positive feedback.

Also, 400km in 6 weeks! Good going :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Been on a Lapierre (the FdJ team livery one) for a couple of years now and couldn't be happier. I've never managed to outperform the machinery so that's about all you can ask for.
    Brakes are switched alright, but I prefer them that way so it's no biggy for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I have an Audacio 200 (which is the model just below that one), bought it out in the CycleSuperstore as well, got it with the Cycle to work scheme. I have it almost a year now and done a few cycles in Wicklow along with a cycle from Dublin to Cork on it. Not a bother on it, it's a great bike and I've no complaints with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Have the Audacio 400 too. Great bike, no complaints at all.

I got the following with it:

Look Keo Easy Pedals
    http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=29725

Northwave Jet Road Shoes (in black)
    http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=35266

If its your first road bike and you are just getting started - like I was - then you wont go far wrong with this setup. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

I've posted a few times recently looking for a first road bike and really liked the Giant but after going into Spokes today and looking at the Audacio 400 I really like the feel of it - I know little about road bikes but all (most) components are Tiagra and Richie and it felt good - would be interested to know how you guys are getting on too. The only problem I had was that I tried a few frame sizes (i'm 6ft) - I think a 52cm and 58cm and didn't have a clue which felt better!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

hmmm. was out there this evening (tallaght) and having a look about before closing.

Can you tell me is there much difference between the Audacio

I'm toying with the idea of a bike-to-work road model...but my hybrid Lapierre rcr100 has a tiagra /105 mixed groupset so I could swap those out for the lower quality ones, or am i mad?

maybe i should just buy 2nd hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

aquanaut wrote: »
    I've posted a few times recently looking for a first road bike and really liked the Giant but after going into Spokes today and looking at the Audacio 400 I really like the feel of it - I know little about road bikes but all (most) components are Tiagra and Richie and it felt good - would be interested to know how you guys are getting on too. The only problem I had was that I tried a few frame sizes (i'm 6ft) - I think a 52cm and 58cm and didn't have a clue which felt better!

I have a 55cm frame Audacio 400 and I'm 5' 10". I can feel a little stretched on the hoods at times but thats due to my general crap flexiblity than anything else!

okay - thanks ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

poochiem wrote: »
    hmmm. was out there this evening (tallaght) and having a look about before closing.

Can you tell me is there much difference between the Audacio

I'm toying with the idea of a bike-to-work road model...but my hybrid Lapierre rcr100 has a tiagra /105 mixed groupset so I could swap those out for the lower quality ones, or am i mad?

maybe i should just buy 2nd hand

There are better deals. Lapierres are very good bikes but you will pay a premium for the brand. In this day and age I can't see the reason for spending over a grand on an alloy frame with tiagra groupset.

It's a 39/52 which is very odd too, you have a 39-25 lowest gear which makes getting around wicklow a chore for most people who will be riding this bike. Get a compact, save your knees and go faster as a result.

For me, that bikes represents poor value for money (the 400).

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    There are better deals. Lapierres are very good bikes but you will pay a premium for the brand. In this day and age I can't see the reason for spending over a grand on an alloy frame with tiagra groupset.

It's a 39/52 which is very odd too, you have a 39-25 lowest gear which makes getting around wicklow a chore for most people who will be riding this bike. Get a compact, save your knees and go faster as a result.

For me, that bikes represents poor value for money (the 400).

Any good contenders to rival it component and price wize with compact?

I don't know of any local offers, but ex-2010 models tend to be discounted around this time of year as the new ones roll in for 2011.

Just keep looking for discounted bikes online:

For roughly the same price, Felt F75 - Aluminium frame/Carbon Fork, 105 drivetrain, R600 compact chainset (non-series but 105 level in terms of weight and quality).

It's a tricky price point, a little bit less gets you the same frame with another 9 speed setup, or less again for another slight downgrade to 8 speed.

But moving up just 200 euro gets you into carbon territory with 105 (Focus Cayo).

I don't think the 1000 euro price bracket represents the best "bang for buck". I'd either save money and get a slightly lesser model like a Giant Defy 4 or save for a bit longer and get a 10 speed carbon setup.

the price point is to suit bike-to-work scheme. Yeah, I've only a couple days to decide and get the paperwork so will have a good snoop around tomorrow. Thanks for the info. A lot of the road bikes I've looked at are poorer quality than my hybrid, just they have drops. hmmm.

I saw a 2nd hand carbon frame bike on one of the lbs websites, wonder if thats covered by bike-to-work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭jeffwode

I really this is the best value available anywhere by a country mile. http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CBPXSLPR/sl-pro-carbon-sram-red

The frames get great reviews and excellent feedback and SRAM Red is very very serious kit. As it says on the Planet X site ... "It's the choice of six ProTour programs, the Pro-Continental Cervelo Test Team and the last 11 Tour de France champions including Armstrong, Pereiro, Sastre, and Contador. The top 3 from 2010's Tour de France all used SRAM Red- that's some race pedigree!"

Full Carbon with SRAM Red for less than £1100? Unbeatable price.

You can buy a bike more expensive than 1000 euro on bike-to-work, it's just anything over the 1000 won't be subject to the savings.

• Advertisement

I know that alright, just I don't have the funds, this is a stretch and I'm on the lower rate of tax so even considering bike-to-work over 2nd hand is something i'm not 100% sure of

poochiem wrote: »
    I know that alright, just I don't have the funds, this is a stretch and I'm on the lower rate of tax so even considering bike-to-work over 2nd hand is something i'm not 100% sure of

Maybe hold off a month or two then, no tends to be a good time for second hand road bikes. End of summer and all that.

trouble is my bike-to-work only operates until sept9th

Ok, gonna have a busy week so a little bit more advice before the friday deadline please.

I'm going to ask after a 2nd hand carbon 200 s-lite lapierre that's under €1k, one of the listed bike-to-work shops is selling it so it will be covered by the scheme. Has any of you an opinion on that model? Shimano 105 groupset, Mavic Aksium Wheels. sounds good value?

thanks for the advice and sorry for hijacking your thread OP

Looks like the OP originally posted a year ago looking to get a bike in 2 weeks so sure they don't mind :P - Hope you find your bike, keep us posted - i'm going round in circles, between the Audacio 400 and the Giant Defy 2. I'm sure i'll change my mind 100 more times too but only get this C2W once (at least in 5 years) so want to get it right! Don't like the bent frame design of the specialized and don't think there is a Felt dealer in Ireland. I'm sure everyone goes through this on the first road bike ! :) thanks everyone

There are plenty of Felt dealers in Ireland: Joe Dalys, wheelworx, eurocycles are the ones in Dublin I know of.

If you are in Dublin I recommend you try them out, great bikes and you might get a deal on some 2010 stock. Don't be afraid to haggle!

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    There are plenty of Felt dealers in Ireland: Joe Dalys, wheelworx, eurocycles are the ones in Dublin I know of.

If you are in Dublin I recommend you try them out, great bikes and you might get a deal on some 2010 stock. Don't be afraid to haggle!

^ DVoodoo, more options! don't know whether to say thanks or feck ya. I'm looking at a couple of 2nd hand carbons, trawled the boards posts for advice. I read a couple of threads saying they are prone to failure but you've nothing but positives about them. If I was to look at a 2nd hand carbon is there anything to look out for?

Thanks Voodoo - I'm in Waterford but didn't think there were Felt dealers - cheers

Advertisement