Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Data Recovery

• 19-09-2009 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Any one know some cheap data data recovery company 9(or individual)?

The actual disk is fine but the sata connection is manked (external hd).

I bought an ide/sata/usb converter but still no luck.

Roughly a TB of stuff I would hate to see go missing!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

www.datarecovery.ie
    I don't know if they're good but it's the first google hit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Gator wrote: »
    Any one know some cheap data data recovery company 9(or individual)?

The actual disk is fine but the sata connection is manked (external hd).

I bought an ide/sata/usb converter but still no luck.

Roughly a TB of stuff I would hate to see go missing!

Open the external drive up and re-solder the sata connection if it's manked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I agree. if you are not comfortable with soldering ask someone you know that might be, it sure sounds like the solder contacts have broken or one of them at least should be an easy job though. good luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

I'm not sure about this but couldn't you use the board from an identical drive (same make/model). If you have a small torx screwdriver you can just swap out the board that's connected to the bottom of the drive (sata connector and all). the connections that connect the interface board to the actual drive are all spring/pressure connected so there shouldn't be any soldering involved.

I have heard people say this has workrd for them in the past but if your data is super critical I wouldn't take any chances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

CrinkElite wrote: »
    I'm not sure about this but couldn't you use the board from an identical drive (same make/model). If you have a small torx screwdriver you can just swap out the board that's connected to the bottom of the drive (sata connector and all). the connections that connect the interface board to the actual drive are all spring/pressure connected so there shouldn't be any soldering involved.

I have heard people say this has workrd for them in the past but if your data is super critical I wouldn't take any chances

sounds feasable to me. i can't imagine why it wouldn't work, once the board is the same make/model and power input, you should be ok. still i would look for more info on doing it just to make absolutly sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement