Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC install query

• 19-09-2009 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

For anyone with UPC BB... Our TV and point are downstairs in the sitting room..If I get UPC BB I want the modem upstairs where the PC is - does anyone know what they do - ie will the just run a cable off the existing box to the room upstairs or put in a new box for the BB? I'm just wondering if I'll be charged a monthly rental for an additional point upstairs?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

good question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

They just planted our box where we asked them to so they should do the same for you. They will usually try running as little cable as possible through the house. When we had it installed he ran cable the length of the house on the outside and then drilled through into the living room where we wanted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ours goes from the front of the house, over the roof, down the back of the house in thru the sitting room wall. I'm wondering if they'll just drill thru the bedroom wall and stick a new (free) box there since it's a few feet away from the main box at the front. I might give them a call tomorrow - i have the day off work so I can sit on hold lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hitbit

They put mine exactly where I wanted it. Its not a second connection SO don't pay for one. Your current connection is TV , the new one BB. They will not go through floors or internal walls ( Danger of hitting cables pipes etc)

hitbit

Advertisement